1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Here Goes

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Wrighty, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

The Texas Specials I ordered back in early October have arrived, about to start installing them in my AmPro. I’ll never get wiring up to the original standard but I’m leaving myself plenty of time so that I can work carefully and walk away if I start to lose concentration. Hope it goes smoothly.

2. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

Take your time and make sure you protect the body before you start. Bath towels or rags or something covering up all of the body and neck will go a long way in protecting it from unforeseen screw ups. No offense.

Festofish likes this.
  3. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Changed out the originals in my MIJ Strat maybe 4 years back for Texas Specials - awesome pick ups

4. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's

My partscaster has them, they cover a lot of ground and I love them

5. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

So, Fender 0 points for diagrams. Wiring drawing shows the neck as having three wires, black, yellow and white, bridge two, black and white. Neck fine, bridge has black and yellow. Neck says yellow to ground, black to second tag on switch (counting left to right with knobs on right) white to third tag and yellow to ground. Doesn’t work. Five minutes with an Avo and fathomed it. Pretty annoying.

6. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I’ve got some Dimarzio Fast/Pro Track twinblades to install in my strat. Always wanted a twin blade loaded strat.

7. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Well, job done. Had TS’s on a MIM Tele some years back, so I knew about what to expect. In the AmPro they are just awesome. Still experimenting with pup heights and probably will be for sometime but, yeah, overall as good as I expected. Not to everyone’s taste but I like ‘em................in spite of the U/S wiring diagram!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.