Here’s 14 inches for ya …

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
Yassir!

Did the same … in Iowa!
With the way our house faced we rarely had a huge amount of snow in the backyard but it would drift across the front yard. When the driveway snow was added we'd end up 4 to 6 feet of snow just steps from the front door. Much time was spent pretending to be groundhogs or whatever. It wasn't deep enough to have to worry about a deadly collapse and not near the road to be filled in by the plow.

Plus it was the 80's and no one cared.

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
IMG_20220117_114119750_HDR.jpg

There was no snow when I went to bed last night.
Supposed to get 6-7 centimeters an hour for the rest of the afternoon.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Its winter in Texas. About 36F this morning, S/B about 68F this afternoon. My grass is growing and I'm probably going to have to put on long pants to mow. I don't know if I can take it. Nice pictures though.;)

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
I lived much of my life in the Great Lakes snow belt - and in the dreaded Tug Hill (NY) area east of Lake Ontario. In days of yore, I recall driving around and looking at snowbanks up to the utility wires. Snowblowers are used in those areas to clear roads. It wasn't uncommon to see an animal carcass dangling from a power line on into springtime. We measured snowfalls in feet, not inches. 4 foot snowfalls occurred fairly frequently, often on top of 4 feet already on the ground. One could go months without seeing a horizon!

Oswego1.jpg

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
Its winter in Texas. About 36F this morning, S/B about 68F this afternoon. My grass is growing and I'm probably going to have to put on long pants to mow. I don't know if I can take it. Nice pictures though.;)
Gee thanks. Lol my yard was Green-ish Yesterday.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
True story!

When I turned 60, Ms Nutz and the Nutz offspring bought me a snowblower for the holidays … apparently heart attacks and shoveling are a thing? Who knew?

‘Tanyrate as much as I resisted, I ain’t goin’ back and you can’t make me!
My dad bought me one a few years ago--I guess he likes me and wants me around for a few more years. Rational self-interest. I will say that a plastic grain scoop is my favored snow clearing instrument when there isn't enough snow to justify getting out the snowblower but too much to let it melt on its own.

bigbean

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
12" in Hartville. My neighbor plowed my driveway as a favor before I got up this morning. The workshop parking lot and driveway etc. hasn't been touched yet so sayeth the outside cameras.

After getting the snow blower out to do some cleanup and the area in front of the garage door, It's a good thing my neighbor plowed the driveway with his tractor. I would have been challenged to do the drive way completely with my snow muncher.

Last edited:

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
I lived much of my life in the Great Lakes snow belt - and in the dreaded Tug Hill (NY) area east of Lake Ontario. In days of yore, I recall driving around and looking at snowbanks up to the utility wires. Snowblowers are used in those areas to clear roads. It wasn't uncommon to see an animal carcass dangling from a power line on into springtime. We measured snowfalls in feet, not inches. 4 foot snowfalls occurred fairly frequently, often on top of 4 feet already on the ground. One could go months without seeing a horizon!

View attachment 941182
My parents have shown me pictures of snow up to the lines. No thank you.
True story!

When I turned 60, Ms Nutz and the Nutz offspring bought me a snowblower for the holidays … apparently heart attacks and shoveling are a thing? Who knew?

‘Tanyrate as much as I resisted, I ain’t goin’ back and you can’t make me!
I technically "have" a snowblower but I would be amazed if it would even start. It has to be 25 years old and started to struggle a while ago. I didn't even try to start it last winter. This summer I asked a guy who repairs these and after seeing what year and model he said don't bother.

Now something has attempted to eat the gas cap. Fortunately I bought a nice new shovel on Monday.

bigbean

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
14” is less than out tidal shift View attachment 940556

Lows are around 60F here...

Please enjoy the schadenfreude today.

I know I enjoy it during hurricanes.

The workshop today. ( Kenny will get there with a plow eventually.)
Screenshot-135238_(1).png

fjblair

Tele-Afflicted
We've got at least a foot but the winds from hell have drifted it up three a feet in places in my driveway. I'm stuck. The snowblower might put a dent in it but I'm not doing anything with a 50mph wind in my face. Had somebody lined up to plow it today but they slid off in a ditch or something at another job and broke something on the truck.

MisterZ

Tele-Afflicted
I dunno man. Not being able to leave the house on our anniversary is cause for extra celebration around these parts.
We had *plans*. I love spending time with MrsZ, but since this wasn't a big anniversary we had a day of stuff to do.

But I am cooking a nice dinner, and we have a bottle of bubbly open, so there's that.

soundchaser59

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Just a picture of someone mowing the lawn does it for me. I'd rather shovel snow in negative 7 degrees all day. I CAN NOT stand heat. By heat, I mean anything over 68 degrees, ~45% humidity.

Years ago I delivered to hardware stores from an 18 wheeler...in New Orleans, LA., Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. OMG! Inside a hot, tin trailer lumping boxes all day. Probably baked away half my brain cells in there.
My neighbor has a small yard so when I mow I just do his with mine, no big deal. He also has the snow blower. I told him I'll keep mowing if you keep blowing. It's worked out well.