Here’s 14 inches for ya …

P-Nutz

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Oh hell yes. I'm 56 and it takes me 2-5 hours (non-stop, no breaks) to shovel my driveway. I've never done the math, but probably moving many thousands of pounds of snow ~10 feet. You want to have a heart attack in no time flat? Get one of these here, "Manplows". I got one and I tell you what, try pushing this around with anything but the lightest, fluffiest kind of snow and you'll be face down in a snowbank in 5 minutes.

Also, no joke, this is the warning label on mine (friggin California).

View attachment 940532

Same here; used to take about 2 1/2 hours including our deck, which I do by hand and takes about a half hour itself. Today, sans deck, an hour, and that includes another neighbor’s sidewalk.

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
Here's the snow banks you get when doing it with a shovel. This is only like ~10 inches from the first "big snow". If we get a lot of snow, I've had my snow banks be taller than me ~6 foot high on both sides, and had to toss the snow over them because there was no more place to put it. I will be in a "canyon" of snow I can not even see out of, tossing it up in the air...higher than the car there.

shoveled.jpg

Last edited:

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Oh hell yes. I'm 56 and it takes me 2-5 hours (non-stop, no breaks) to shovel my driveway. I've never done the math, but probably moving many thousands of pounds of snow ~10 feet. You want to have a heart attack in no time flat? Get one of these here, "Manplows". I got one and I tell you what, try pushing this around with anything but the lightest, fluffiest kind of snow and you'll be face down in a snowbank in 5 minutes.

Also, no joke, this is the warning label on mine (friggin California).

View attachment 940532

If "Manplow" is ingested...call a coroner, FFS!

That looks like a pain in the butt for deep snow

The way the guy does it in the video looks super inefficient, having to chop up a large pile only to move it a foot and repeat

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Yesterday were calling for 6-8" Sunday. Down to 2-5 Now with 37 degrees Monday. Sounds like a small mess that will take care of it's self.
I can hope can't I?

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
That looks like a pain in the butt for deep snow

The way the guy does it in the video looks super inefficient, having to chop up a large pile only to move it a foot and repeat
Yeah, the crap he does in the video is a good way to have a heart attack. It is much much harder on you than it looks. The manplow is only good for pushing 1-2 inches of light, fluffy stuff off to the side. Anything more or wet, packy snow and it is useless. You go about 1.5 feet and you're pushing 200 pounds of snow like a little Mack truck, just digging in with your feet, leaning 45 degrees forward, running for momentum and man, you hit a crack/seam in the driveway concrete = insta-stop, and that handle rams you in the gut "Hoooaaauumpf". Holy ___! No warning on the label about that though! If it is light enough, I use the manplow to push it to the sides and "gather" it up, then shovel that off the rest of the way.

Last edited:

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
I hate to sound like my ex, but that don't look like 14 inches to me...
Hey hey, give him a break. It's cold! Maybe that snow was just swimming a minute ago.

How far is too far? It's not the depth of the snow that matters, it's......... Nah, better not.

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
...if it totally covers your body when you stroke out and fall dead in it. They won't find you until June!
I was gonna say

It's not the depth of the snow that matters, it's......... how hard you pack it.

There I did it, ya happy! I think of the two options I had in mind, that was less wrong.

Last edited:

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
Next big snow...I'm decorating my yard...like so...

...and I'm putting them right where the snow-mobilers cut a path through the front of my yard and pack the snow at the already difficult and icy end of my driveway (snow plow deposits).

snowman.jpg

Last edited:

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
When they mow!

*Sppffflllllaaaaat...kashtchunk!* "What was that Martha?" :lol:

Oh man, my ex-gf would not be amused at that one, that is how her father died. Serious, the mower part. Big riding mower turned over on him.

Last edited:

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
"Sppffflllllaaaaat...kashtchunk!" "What was that Martha?" :lol:

Oh man, my ex-gf would not be amused at that one, that is how her father died. Serious, the mower part. Big riding mower turned over on him.
I cannot switch off my terrible joke mode tonight...

I'm going to walk away before I get fired.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
Reminds me of being in 4th grade and living in Blackhawk, CO. We got a few feet of snow and I spent the next morning jumping off our huge second-story porch into the snow.

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
Welp... Here goes.

It's not the depth of the snow that matters, it's......... hoping you can find someone else to blow it so you don't have to take care of it yourself.

Last edited: