1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Help

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teLEE H, Feb 19, 2013.

1. teLEE H

teLEE H TDPRI Member

Heres a picture without pick guard,,, answering a few i love how she plays and she sounds great so it doesn't really bother me,,, may have a nipinto the shop though if it turns out they were telling porkies

Attached Files:

2. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

Here is a link to a typical American Standard body, the neck pocket shape is similar to yours though you would have to take the neck off to see of the pocket contains the micro-tilt, note yours doesn't have the middle pickup routing.
    It's definitely not an American Vintage body so the only other i can think of would be the California Series which were routed for a neck humbucker.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Americ...098?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c67ddf3a2

3. Fatmanstratman

Fatmanstratman Poster Extraordinaire

Oh dear...

I hope I'm wrong but from what I can make out from your pic, that does NOT look like a USA body to me..:(

It does have similar routing to the MIM Standard body, but that would have had THREE little "crop circles" under th pickguard.

Before paying to have a setup done, it may be worth taking off the neck, and posting some CLEAR pictures here showing (a.) the neck pocket, and (b.) the neck pickup cavity without the pickup in place.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

How much did you pay for this instrument, if you don't mind me asking? Even if it is not what the seller told you it was, if it was cheap enough it might just be worth swallowing if you think it is going to be a good player etc.

4. teLEE H

teLEE H TDPRI Member

5. teLEE H

teLEE H TDPRI Member

dear me,, im confused now,, have you checked the link stratman,,, is it not possible its a california series

6. teLEE H

teLEE H TDPRI Member

best i can do sorry,, pics have come out blurred

Attached Files:

7. Fatmanstratman

Fatmanstratman Poster Extraordinaire

Yes I have, but I'm still REALLY bothered by the poor matching of the body pieces. American bodies having a sunburst finish are almost guaranteed to have a better match than that - otherwise the bodies are designated to have a solid colour finish.

Can I suggest that you send a PM to our member nvilletele who has (or had) a California Series Tele in sunburst. He may already have - or if not may be kind enough to take - some pics of HIS Cali Series Tele without the pickguard.

I think that will set your mind at rest - one way or the other....

8. teLEE H

teLEE H TDPRI Member

ill do that tomorrow stratman,, thanks for the help,, ill be online tomorrow evening and hopefully get to the bottom of it,, thanks

9. xFallenx

xFallenx Friend of Leo's

A guy named John C on here is also a knowledge power house. He has helped me plenty :)

10. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

11. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

Got the PM from the OP . . . . I no longer have my prior California Series Fat Teles, but will go through my pics to see if I have one that can be of help . . . .and the last one I gave to my friend in Iowa, so if my pics are of no help I can still get access to that one.

12. teLEE H

teLEE H TDPRI Member

Thanks,, any help would be great,, cheers

13. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

I could not find any pics I had of the body, but I did find, in a thread already suggested above by Chris H, my comment that:

Check out also, if you havent already, the pic at the end of the thread, of a California Series body.
    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecast...ipped-off-95-american-tele-4.html#post2425463

While I dont have any pic of my sunburst California Series Fat Tele without the pickguard, here is a pic with guard on . . . (not the original pickguard)

[​IMG]

14. teLEE H

teLEE H TDPRI Member

Thanks for all your help folks,, pretty sure its a cali series,, my luthier who has just set her up agrees,, so case closed i think,, thanks again,, cheers for getting back to me Nville..

Regards Lee

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.