Help with wiring diagram p-90 neck & Humbucker Bridge

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Wes1965, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Wes1965

Wes1965 TDPRI Member

It has been a long time since I have been on this site. I do realize that this is the place for help with Tele's

I am needing a wiring diagram show a P-90 neck pickup with 2 wire and screen.
    The bridge is going to be a 4 wire humbucker.
    I am wanting to be able to coil tap the humbucker and be able to have a series in and out of phase.
    The guitar has 2 volume and 2 tone controls.
    I have two push pull tone pots to be used in this endeavor.
    Any help will be appreciated

2. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Series in and out of phase. Is that the two coils of the HB ?

3. Wes1965

Wes1965 TDPRI Member

No I was wanting to have the 2 pickups out of phase. I was planing on doing coil tap on the humbucker.
    Thanks

4. Wes1965

Wes1965 TDPRI Member

The p-90 has 2 wire plus a screen and I was told that it was possible.
    Thanks

5. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

W a P90 and a Humbucker in series, which p-up is grounded will make a big difference. From my experience w the HB grounded it will sound sort of like a bigger fuller HB w strong bass. W the P90 grounded it will give mids emphasis. The brand matters as does your amp, but that's the general case. BUT that can be really dark and thick. You might want to use just one coil for series.

Google the Dan Armstrong Lipstick p- up circuit, that gives single and series. If you don't want parallel that circuit will work . If it uses 250k , 500k would be used instead. The HBs leads would go to the phase switch and the switches leads would go to the circuit instead of one p-up.Tap would be on the other pot.

Do you want parallel ?

6. Wes1965

Wes1965 TDPRI Member

Thanks for responding! I am using BareKnuckles Mississippi Queen in neck and their 4 wire Abraxas in bridge. Putting in a Tele Deluxe 2 vol 2 tone.
    Wanting to use the tone switches are push pull. I would like to be able to coil tap bridge using the tone for bridge and the neck tone to put the two pickups in and out of phase. Series and parallel.
    500k push pulls pots for tone and CTS 550k bridge pot and a CTS volume pot that is only 425k measurement hoping to not be to bright in neck. Have all my caps and Bleed kits . Really would love to do in 50’s style but thinking that maybe too much to ask at this time so open minded on modern vs 50’s wiring.
    Thanks for any help you can give me!

7. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Is this for home or stage ? For stage you would want fast easy switching, but that means more switches.

8. Wes1965

Wes1965 TDPRI Member

Home use primarily! I got the techs at BareKnuckles to whip me up one thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.