Help with Traynor 6400 series 2 powered mixer

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by metalsonic, Jun 20, 2021.

1. metalsonic

metalsonic NEW MEMBER!

Like the title says, I have one of these I've been using for my guitar and mic set up. Today I hooked up a new set of speakers to it and everything was fine. A few hours later, I went to use it and it is now only putting out a very small amount of sound if I turn everything up to full. The led gauge is saying that it is almost maxing out, but almost nothing is coming out. I've tried the 2 speaker outputs in the rear and the main output in the front. Same everywhere.

I have a multimeter and I know how to use it, but I have no ide where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Honestly, if it were me, I would simply move on from this item. I don't want to trash your gear, as we all have old stuff that has served us well and we have depended on. Traynor is a great name, and I actually have a Yorkville 2x400w wedge mixer in my inventory that I break out occasionally to save the day. However, you have a 40 year old item, and things just don't last forever. I feel good if I get 10 years out of a mixer, 7 years before digital obsolescence.

However...if you are a hobbyist that gets his jollies by fixing this kind of stuff, then I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

3. metalsonic

metalsonic NEW MEMBER!

I managed to figure it out. It was just a series of bad things happening at the worst time which led me to believe it was the mixer when it's actually working just fine.

Old Deaf Roadie likes this.
  4. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I love when it turns out to be something simple. Out of curiosity, what was the issue?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.