Yes, I used that schematic as well as the one I posted. I found the info I found on this amp a bit jumbled, so I studied quite a few plans before I built it. In fact I have a 470 ohm cathode resistor and that has the bias at about 14 Watts, IIRC. What stood out to me at the time and what still does are the very small coupling caps. I'd only built tweed like contraptions before this. But I have since seen that Fender went to .005 caps with their blackface amps. I really expected there to be a huge difference between the inputs' tone, and I expected both of the inputs on the top there to be wild. The difference is relatively small and my problem exists on all four jacks. I'm thinking the thing to do is to try your suggestion with the ceramic coupling caps, and go from there. If that doesn't work, then maybe just increasing the value of all the coupling caps to say .022 and maybe changing the tone pot around a bit. But one thing at a time. I'll order a set of ceramic caps and try that first.