Help with info on my Telecaster 60th

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by jgcable, May 6, 2021.

1. jgcable

jgcable NEW MEMBER!

Hello, I have a 60th Anniversary Diamond Telecaster. I bought it from a wealthy person who never learned how to play. It looks exactly like the one in this pic. It has a silver case, 60th anniversary logo stitched into it, the guitar has a diamond inlaid on in the headstock, it has never been played and it has every piece of paperwork and documentation and hang tags that came with it when it was purchased new in 2006. From what I found online it is a 2006 Telecaster Diamond Anniversary model. I brought it to a local shop and was told that its only worth as much as a regular USA model and that only the Diamond Anniversary Limited Edition models are worth a lot but when I l did research online I found shops around the country selling the exact same guitar as mine for anywhere from $1900 to $2500. If anyone could give me any info on what I have here I would certainly appreciate it. tele.jpg

Crobbins and TN Tele like this.
  2. TN Tele

TN Tele TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Well, as the owner of a 70th anniversary Broadcaster, I can understand your thinking. It is not a vintage tele at 15 years old, it probably sold new for about $1700 usd. But it has still increased in value and as you have discovered it is worth $2200-$2500 based on condition. It is a unique and fine guitar and you should use it, cherish it and enjoy the heck out of it for the next 35 years. And then you'll have a truly valuable vintage instrument.

budglo, JL_LI and Crobbins like this.
  3. jgcable

jgcable NEW MEMBER!

Thanks for the reply. This guy was telling me that only the limited edition model that has some kind of USA engraving on it is worth anything. The guy I bought it from told me he saved all the paperwork and items it came with new because it is a very special guitar.

4. e23589

e23589 Tele-Meister

Weren't those for Fender's Diamond 60th anniversary? I think that was 2006. In 2011 they did the 60th anniversary of the Telecaster guitar itself!

5. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

Simple......Email Fender Customer support and include the model & serial number.

6. 53Strat

53Strat Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Yes, I think you'll find that what you have is a nice guitar packaged to celebrate Fender's 60th anniversary in 2006 or whenever it was. There were strats and other models with badges and cases but essentially they were the same in spec as the regular American standard Telecaster, in your case with the special touch of silver case and neck plate.

In 2011 Fender celebrated the 60 th anniversary of the Telecaster and the only anniversary model was the Blackguard blonde model although many others had the anniversary neck plate etc. Even the Anniversary model still only boasted the regular pickups and other fitments fitted to the the regular American Standard of the time. No special neck carve or anything to set it apart. Let's face it: Fender have been selling the '52 Re-issue with special features for years - what else can they offer in the Anniversary models?

A bit like the 70th Anniversary Broadcaster. A marketing exercise by FMIC but without really giving much to the buyer for the extra money IMO.

7. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I once owned the whole set, including the luncbox.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.