Help with identifying a neck

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by BlackieBlues, Jul 20, 2019.

1. BlackieBlues

BlackieBlues TDPRI Member

The seller claims the neck is a MIJ tele neck from 1985 and that it was sanded down. I realize there’s nothing to work with here as far as markings but want to throw it out there. Anyone with any helpful info? Thanks.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

It looks like a genuine MIJ 62 neck but unless there is a pencil date, usually written at the neck heel, it is impossible to tell what year its from.

3. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Holic

I’m with Chris H. , it looks right to me but the features that neck has were used for years, most if not all necks in that era had pencil dates on the heel by the truss rod.

Did you ask about pictures of the truss rod and heel? That’s an odd spot to sand down in my opinion and should still retain finish if not a date.

I’m not saying it’s b.s but I wouldn’t buy it as an 85

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

It could just as easily be an Allparts neck. And so, the value will not exceed that of a similar Allparts neck.

My personal attitude is, I don't want a neck with a Fender decal on it I am not quite sure belongs there. If the price is low enough I can just remove the suspect decal, then I'll buy.

mfguitar likes this.
  5. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Silver Supporter

Allparts has a logo burned in the heel at least since the 90's when I started using them. They also and don't have that 5th pin router hole.

Fretting out likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.