Help with Connecting Cathode Bypass to Gain

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by rcase6, Jan 25, 2021.

1. rcase6

rcase6 TDPRI Member

Is there any way I can use the gain toggle to toggle between cathode bypass and unbypass, or two bypass values here? More importantly, can I connect simply the Cathode Bypass concept to the gain potentiometer, and how is that done? Initially I am thinking of a 25uf/150kohm combo at V1 pin 8. Here's an image and the schematic. I am looking specifically at V1. Secondarily, does anyone know what particular type of footswitch I would use for this amp?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  2. bsman

bsman Friend of Leo's

For the second, I would assume any latching footswitch would work. Not a clue on the first, though!

rcase6 likes this.
  3. rcase6

rcase6 TDPRI Member

Thanks!

4. 2L man

2L man Tele-Holic

I can't answer your questions but I must mention that those two 25V Zener diode clippers are not able to use their 25V reverse breakdown voltage when connected like that because their forward current follows normal diodes and they clip signal over them to about 1Vpp. However their series Resistor has its effect and I can't say what signal level comes but much smaller that what was planned anyway.

rcase6 likes this.
  5. rcase6

rcase6 TDPRI Member

I am planning to jump the diodes and C1, what should I change about the Zeners when I do that?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  6. rcase6

rcase6 TDPRI Member

I'm removing D1, D2, and C1 does that influence D12 and D13 at all? What should I change?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.