Help! Which strat neck pickup with tele little 59?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Sociopanda, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Sociopanda

Sociopanda TDPRI Member

Hello everyone! (I moved the thread from the partcaster forum)

So basically, I've been scratching my head over which neck pickup I should put in my partcaster, and I need advice from the tele gods. I have a SD little 59 in the bridge position and I alternate often between the full humbucker and the pickup split using some wiring I found that lets me use 100% of the bottom coil and around 20% or so of the upper coil ( I think) . I decided I was going to be using a strat neck pickup in the neck position. I was also considering going noiseless with either the dimarzio area, fender noiseless or one of the SD's stack ( can't afford kinmans). I would need something kinda versatile, as I mostly play rock and blues, but I'm also gonna be going to jazz school next year.

One of my problems is that I'm not sure how I should match the polarities of the pickups with that configuration. I don't know how much that matters if I go noiseless for the neck, but I'd like to have some opinions. Also, let's say I don't go noiseless for the neck PU and I wanna keep my middle position hum free, should I use a strat middle pickup (Seymour's RWRP or a normal fender)? This is all a bit confusing to me, so I'd appreciate some much-needed wisdom!

If that can help in any way, I run my pickups through a 250k volume pot and a 500k tone pot with 2 different capacitors accessible with a push-pull

I tried to look for info on that on the forum and on the internet but I really haven't found much.
    Thanks a lot!

2. dougstrum

dougstrum Friend of Leo's

The '59 has 4 wires so you flip the hot/ground wires for good middle position. I'd use standard single coil for the neck position; it'll give you best of both since you already have a humbucker in the bridge.
    Probably need a somewhat hot strat pickup to match the lil'59.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.