Help! TS content - Bring on the clones

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by twr102, Apr 29, 2019.

1. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

ts-7
    they're still cheap right?

twr102 and Fearnot like this.
  2. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

just hot the caline midlander another good ts pedal. i think its more of a ts9 rather than ts808

3. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

I got the Kokko mini green OVERDRIVE. Does what you want from the venerable green OD. $20 everywhere....

leonard d rock likes this.
  4. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

Greer Relic Drive. Like a clone, but better.

5. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Holic

i have a keeley ts9.great pedal as expected.the green mile surprised me.excellent pedal.

6. twr102

twr102 TDPRI Member

I hate to feed your addiction, but my friend has exhaustively tried all TS/808 variants and has concluded that the Maxon TS VOP is the best. I have heard it and I agree. That's in my sights after I pay off the Les Paul. In the meantime, I got a Behringer TS800 for $20, that sounds good. What are your favorites among that pile?
    There's truth to this!

7. twr102

twr102 TDPRI Member

I'd love to find one of these! They sound great and have the hot switch on them. Unfortunately they seem to be going up in price.

8. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

It looks like GC has a few, and they start around $40, which is roughly what they cost new. That's not too bad, IMO.

twr102 likes this.
  9. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

Faves -

-The TS808
    -The MXR Classic Overdrive (they are very close at an 808 with the potential for a bit more gain - they're nice.
    -The Digitech Bad Monkey does a nice job and the separate bass and treble knobs are great. You can roll the bottom up while leaving the top alone.
    -The White VOX Joe Satrianni Overdrive sounds close and it has a separate boost switch and boost level knob - the boost is great for solos (and it's a cheap sleeper)
    -The BBE Greenscreamer is one of my favorite 808 tone copies - I wish they weren't so big

Not in the Photo (on boards)

-The Gearmanndude Luther Drive is a fantastic 808 clone and it's 100% hand built in Louisville by Eric (The Dude) for about $135
    -The EH East River Drive comes very close to an 808 and I think they cost about $70. Must love Mike Matthews!

10. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

My favorites:
    East River Drive: Amazing clarity. Mid-hump and lows-cutoff do not feel forced or artificial at all.
    Cmat Mods Signa: As above, plus clipping options
    Lovepedal Valve Reamer: Nice and gainy, but can do all the TS's stuff as well. Also doesn't feel forced in doing so.
    Lovepedal COT/Eternity: Great dual-pedal, COT Boost on the right into Eternity (TS-plus-treble booster?) on left
    Joyo Vintage: All flattering remarks already presented I second wholeheartedly!

twr102 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.