1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Help Me Understand Solid vs. desktop Amp

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by ddk1, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Tele-Meister

That would be quadrophonic, no?

Chandlerman likes this.
  2. i384

i384 TDPRI Member

I ran my THR5 and Vox Adio simultaneously through an ABY pedal - sounded great, really filled the room! Completely defeats the purpose of a small amp both in terms of volume and space, but was definitely fun to try and a/b the two amps too.

3. Chandlerman

Chandlerman Tele-Meister

Well, four speakers anyway. I don't know about quadraphonic.

4. sothoth

sothoth Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I agree. Get something with a decent speaker and a headphone output of you only have one amp.

5. sothoth

sothoth Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I’ve had the opposite experience, which is funny. Maybe I forgot what my Fly sounded like after I parted with it but before I got my mini Katana, but to me the Katana sounds better. That said I’ve never done a side by side. I have wanted to try the THRs as well but the reality is I’ve never been in a place where they have all of these portable ones around to try to I just bought one. personally I think they all suck and it’s really a question of what sucks the least. I don’t think guitars were meant to play on less than a 10” speaker. But we probably can all agree on that.

Jim622 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.