Help me Troubleshoot Fender HRD

BoomTexan

Tele-Meister
So, I bought a capacitor kit that is the exact same specs as the filter caps on my Fender HRD. The old ones were leaking and I just didn't want to deal with the hum. I replaced them and have been having problems recently. Here's a video of what happens when I turn it on. There's a light constant noise when on standby and when turned on, it makes this awful loud humming noise. Any ideas on what could've happened? When I first tried this it made like the worst popping noise I've ever heard on one of these amps. Then, I reheated the ground wire connection and it was replaced by this loud hum. I've checked and doublechecked everything and have no idea what to do. Should I try replacing all the capacitors (even the unleaky ones?).

BoomTexan

Tele-Meister
I think you need to reinstall the board. The board may have a ground connection on the stand-off that is not connected
Well, actually, I just figured it out. The board was leaning on one of the posts that's drilled into the chassis. A capacitor ground was touching a post. I had already grounded the board, and when that one touched ground again, it created a ground loop. I'm gonna install the other capacitors I mentioned in the video (just to finish the job entirely), remount, and then turn it on. Hopefully it'll be working then...

Dacious

Doctor of Teleocity
I'd replace all the caps. I can't see those but they look like the 450 VDC early caps. Hopefully the new kit is 500vdc..there's also bypass caps on the board. They should all be replaced if it's a 90s.