rokasjmusic

TDPRI Member
Long story short: last year I was fallowing guitar parts builder on Ebay. His page is gone. Thought I am absolutely certain his location was set to Netherlands. The only proof of his works is an email from Ebay I received on August 2019. I'll attach copy of this email. You can see a white and black telecaster bodies - both made by same person. The goal here is to find who built there guitars and are they (or new ones) are available for purchase somewhere. I really enjoy this light relic style finishes

1. Builder is potentially from Netherlands. Anyone recognize his building style? Color choices on his listings were quite limited - see trough white, black, maybe burst. All bodies were lightly reliced

2. There is a stamp in the neck pocket. It seems it is two words - first one in bigger darker font. Second one smaller. It is impossible to read those words properly as picture gets too pixelated though maybe someone will recognize the "general shape" or brand mark
I also have an idea that this could be a pre - made body and seller only paints them. If you know what kind of "brand" logo is that please also let me know

3. I'd guess this is independent builder. I already looked up dutch Rebel Relic, Relic Guitars The Hague and Alleycat relics - it is not them

I know - the information I have is very scarce though I am trying to connect the dots by "maybe someone know someone who knows something". And I think this forum is best place for that. If you have any ideas please let me know!

9c4c0c02e68faa1ad3118027f86c85fd.png

rokasjmusic

TDPRI Member
Aaaaaargghhhhh!!!!

DAMN YOU TDPRI!!!

I just ordered that tele body. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Are you kidding me?! Now I am stuck with that yellow strat in stock only :cry::D

Anyway got in touch with builder. He can make same white body. Though the price is a bit steeper as it is custom order. And would take at least a couple months. I'll give it a thought though

Seasicksailor

Friend of Leo's
Are you kidding me?! Now I am stuck with that yellow strat in stock only :cry::D

Anyway got in touch with builder. He can make same white body. Though the price is a bit steeper as it is custom order. And would take at least a couple months. I'll give it a thought though

Ooops! Really sorry! I genuinely wouldn't have done it if I knew you were interested in that particular body.

Oh wait... white? The one I ordered was three-tone sunburst.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Ooops! Really sorry! I genuinely wouldn't have done it if I knew you were interested in that particular body.

Lesson learned?......when someone inquires about a specific item they're looking for, don't reply you just bought it. Nothing wrong with buying it, just don't gloat about it! ;)

rokasjmusic

TDPRI Member

Dude, all good. It was the only tele body he had in stock right now. Keep the burst though :lol:
I want white see trough body as I've posted in the picture above anyway ;)

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Dude, all good. It was the only tele body he had in stock right now. Keep the burst though :lol:
I want white see trough body as I've posted in the picture above anyway ;)
Phew! That definitely is a different body! I promise! :)

View attachment 737213
One question for both of you......are those bodies REALLY worth that price? I've bought several outstanding guitar and bass bodies for much less than $100 each. I know I'm "frugal", but still?

Seasicksailor

Friend of Leo's
One question for both of you......are those bodies REALLY worth that price? I've bought several outstanding guitar and bass bodies for much less than $100 each. I know I'm "frugal", but still?

I'd say borderline. ;)

It's nitro finish, one piece, light weight, and quite tasty relicing. Quite a good combination of features to justify the price.

rokasjmusic

TDPRI Member

Look up the first post. Actual body I was after was 199$. In Europe we do not have that much options. Or at least not the options I'd like. People do not sell loaded Fender bodies, Warmoth parts end up pricey due to additional shipping and import tax costs. And that time I bought from Warmoth body arrived damaged

There are some builder shops in UK. They sell bodies but "in stock" section is nothing to compare to what for example Warmoth has. Some of them just sell blank bodies but do not do finish work. All Parts and few other shops has no swamp ash tele bodies in stock due to Covid right now. And then there are quite a few shops in Netherlands that work specifically on making vintage looking guitars. Most of them work with nitro paints ant that is appealing to me

Few years ago I bought Kauffman telecaster. A guy who makes them is a guitar player himself. He owns a music store in Netherlands and builds part casters from a decent parts. He brands those guitars as Kauffman and sells it in his store that is named Kauffman. All I can tell it was very well built instrument and had a "spark" in the sound. Because of this I have certain expectations that parts made in Netherlands are of certain quality

Honestly I do not care if the body is one piece or two pieces. As long as it is not more than 1,8/1,9kg I am happy

Is this particular body I have posted is any Good? I do not know until I'd see it for real. But as I said I tend to think it would meet my expectations because of my experience with other Dutch made part caster I owned

None of the bodies I have found (and that could be shipped to my place) under 100$ looks good at all right now. Also I am not looking to pay 399 pounds for "1 piece extra light select swamp ash" body too. I have found couple 2 piece bodies that weight under 2kg and sell for ~149pounds + shipping. I might end up buying one of them and staining in white wash. How about that for being frugal(ish)?

In the end I am still happy I found out who built that blonde nitro tele body as it was bugging my mind for a while. That was the purpose of this thread anyway