Help me identify the song in my head!

Mrbob135

Tele-Afflicted
We were sitting at dinner a few weeks ago, and my wife jokingly called our dog a Chi wow wow. Instantly a portion of an overplayed pop song popped into my head, but I can't for the life of me hear enough of it to get to the chorus (or verse for that matter), just the interlude part. It has a single note guitar line in D minor (at least that is what it sounds like in my head) starting on the open A string, a typical pentatonic minor line that almost sounds surf like, punctuated by male background vocals that say...you guessed it: Chi Wow Wow. Not much to go on, and Google has not been any help :), so I thought I would turn to the vast wealth of knowledge here, and surely somebody can end my weeks long anguish! Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Mrbob135

Tele-Afflicted
"Chi Chi Wow" by Teddy Martin and His Las Vegas Boys?
(The result of Googling. Don't worry. Personally I've never heard of it. :()

I have never heard that one either, but it entertained me when I needed a laugh, so thank you for that! The one I am thinking of I am sure is constantly played on the "Greatest hits of the 80's, 90's and today" stations...except for when I am trying to hear it.

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
I typed Chi wow wow into google and got this.
VH_CHICA.gif

You can tell he's going to bite someone for making him wear stuff.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Have you identified the song yet?
If it's overplayed, what year or decade or part of a decade is it from?
What style of music? Rock, funk, disco, country, punk?
About what tempo? And what kind of beat?

If it was overplayed, someone here should be able to ID it for you, if you are possible able to answer the above questions.