1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Help me help my stepson's friend: worth of a Soldano Atomic 16 and China Squier Strat

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Throttleneck, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

I got a call from my step-son last night - which is kind of a big deal for me. :) I married his Mom a few years ago and while we get along great he never calls me for anything. So I would love to help him out.

He has a woman friend that wants to sell a Saldano Atomic 16 - I am guessing from the 90s; and a Squier Bullet Series Strat from 1996. They wanted to know they might be worth. I know it is hard without more info about the amp. But the pictures make it look like it is in good to very good condition.

The live in the DC area.

It looks like the guitar might be worth a little under a 100. I really don't know anything about Saldano amps. Prices on the web are all over the place from $550 to almost 1000.00

If anyone has any idea what these might be worth, what to ask for them on Craigslist etc., I would greatly appreciate any input.

TIA

2. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Saw one Google result listing it at $650 on CL back in 2010. Aside from that, I couldn't tell you. Not sure if that was for a head and cab or a combo.

3. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

It really depends on whether she wants a quick sale or if she's willing to hold out. I think you're probably pretty close on the Strat. Soldano lovers are willing to shell out for the old Atomics and Astroverbs, but that's probably a pretty small audience.

For a fast sale I'd say $450-600 for the Soldano. If she's willing to wait, she might be able to hold out for $750-900 just looking at what's out there now.

4. Throttleneck

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback. Would love more if anyone has some.

5. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

What it is worth and what it will bring are different things with this amp.

It is worth probably 900.00

I think you can sell it easily between 750 and 800. I'm assuming she wants rid of it... leave some fat on the bacon and the fatboys will line up for it.

on the guitar... sheesh.. I think she could sell it on CL for 200-250 and have it gone in a week or two... or ebay it and start with zero limit... and I'd bet it would sell for 300 or so.

(but with fees, CL is a better deal)

put it up on the gear page... if you have a lot of posts there, and you may get 900.00 for it.

6. Throttleneck

Wow, I am surprised that you think she can get over $200 for a 96 Chinese made Squier Strat. I would have thought it was worth way less than that. But clearly, I am no expert. Thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.