Help me find a Les Paul Special

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Jim603, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Here’s another mid 2000s LPS faded. Shouldn’t be too expensive second hand.

0541344B-EA84-4BF6-9FC5-2B4F1C1C84C4.jpeg

2. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

4. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Holic

+ 1 on this. I have an identical one from 2005. OK, there's no wrap around bridge but on the upside you can get your intonation spot on whatever string gauge you favour. These guitars are surprisingly versatile and kick butt big time.

kingofdogs1950 likes this.
  5. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

I've been really tempted lately by some of those double cut LP kits on ebay lately.
    About $105 for the kit, then add the best hardware and electronics, plus a nice finish and I'd still probably only be in for $500 or so.

6. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Holic

I haven't been able to find the Gibson Jnr DC that I want but I found this Tokai that is exactly it.

Should be here next week.
    TJ-54-CH_7_1024x1024.jpg
    TJ-54-CH_3_1024x1024.jpg

Flockhart likes this.
  7. RockinforJesus

RockinforJesus TDPRI Member

Here’s my modded 2014 Gibson LP Melody Maker “Special”. Not a double cut, but for your consideration.
    I added the pickguard, reflector knobs, and Kluson 19:1 Revolution tuners, added a Tusq XL nut, and lacquered the headstock.
    ...and it has a maple neck, so less worries about broken headstock too. Thin body and light like a SG.

913DDFD1-FFC9-4F66-908C-C07441FBB7BB.jpeg F77CDAF7-67F4-4396-9901-8EC3E3BE2FAC.jpeg

8. grandstick

grandstick Tele-Holic

I picked up one of those (in grey) a couple of years ago for $400. It’s a great, rocking guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockinforJesus likes this.
  9. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

Hey Jim603 keep on looking for whatever guitar it is that you really want, and meanwhile keep on saving.

If you can tell butter from marg, then the chances are that you won't be happy with a clone. You buy something that isn't what you really wanted and you'll regret it down the road.

Save the pop cans, the beer bottles or whatever. Think about holding a garage sale. But hang in there. It will happen if you are patient.

Buying a guitar that's only second best is foolish, as sure as 'eggs is eggs' one will pop up that you really like and you'll hate yourself for not giving it a little more time ......

Good Luck Jim. Most of us have been there, and it usually will work out in the end if you set out to buy a guitar that you will likely be keeping for years to come. Make darn sure it is the one you want, and not some guitar that's destined to gather dust as it lies around unplayed in the years to come.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.