Help me date, assess an unusual Tele?

Magpel

TDPRI Member
Hey Tele Experts,

I will attach photos later today, but thought I would just lead with the specs and see what anyone knows about this guitar. About 8 or 9 years ago, I inherited a guitar from my wife's cousin.

It is, in short, a modernish, six-saddle B-Bender Nashville Tele with what appear to be Joe Barden rails (guessing, by sound, the Danny Gatton set--the bridge pickup is SUPER thin). I can find images a Nashville with Bardens online (just barely!) but none with the B-Bender. I think I recall it might have been a custom shop deal.

Black finish, maple neck, weighs a ton. I never bonded with the sound at all (I suspect I would if it had Lollars or the like in it), so the guitar currently resides with a buddy who's done wonders with the B-Bender in a non-roots context.

Again sorry for the image-less tease, and I will return to add photos when he gets me some. Any insights into the provenance of this guitar? I THINK I recall finding its likeness only once, way back when it fell into my hands.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
These days, the gals prefer to go Dutch. I know that much. Be careful how you let your eyes wander.

(I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.)

Magpel

TDPRI Member
Turns out my pal is away on holiday...

But while I wait, by appearance it is THIS guitar but with what appear to be Barden rails

Matt G

Tele-Afflicted
Turns out my pal is away on holiday...

But while I wait, by appearance it is THIS guitar but with what appear to be Barden rails

I can assure you, the stock model is a very fine bit of kit. ;-)

I'm now kicking myself for not buying a second one at half that Reverb price a few years back. . . .