Help me choose my next guitar

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
Yes, I will keep the guitars in the pictures and would like to add another one that I can bring out without worrying too much.
The 60s tele is a black one, I used to have one in white and it was very nice. I can go out after work, cross the city and try it. It is not my first option as I am looking for a guitar to play when I am outside, so I'd say unplugged is the best term to describe it. I put it in the list because the price is very good and the idea of having a 60s tele is just so cool.

Agree on the Guild, it was a weak option - only like it for the J-45 look.

Totally agree with your last phrase: A telecaster, a slope shouldered dread, and a nylon string is the most versatile three guitar combo I can think of. It took my several years to go there, now I have found out what works for me and all I have to do is just making music. How beautiful is that?

Oh, I thought maybe those were your ideals, but you didn't still have them. I get it now. I'd go for any budget classical for an out and about guitar, but anything is a bonus. You're set up nice.

Daytona.57

Tele-Meister
You need to try the guitar before buying, to see if the neck is completely comfortable to play and how the neck interacts with the whole of the guitar. If the guitar resonates loadly unplugged, it generally, will sound good when plugged in. You will discover that in time, all your guitars will have the same approximately comfortable neck and switching between them will be seamless, which is ideal for playing out.

All guitars sound different, even the exact same models, I run the racks until I find that special guitar the meets all of the above criteria. It is often a different guitar that I wanted to buy. I look for a guitar that sounds different from my other guitars, and will complement my sound.

I have owned and played over 50 guitars, and developed this protocol over time, my experience, and advice, could save others big money.

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I would say a beater acoustic would be most useful.
Also, I am coming to visit you. What's your address? I will bring beer, and some nice steaks.

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
If you're just looking for a beater, what about a Gretsch Jim Dandy parlour guitar. I've been after one for ages. Might fit the bill.

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
If you're just looking for a beater, what about a Gretsch Jim Dandy parlour guitar. I've been after one for ages. Might fit the bill.

Good call on that. I have always loved the look of these, really.
My only "problem" is that I am enjoying my nylon strung guitar right now, that's why I lean towards the Ovation classical one. I am taking my time in order to level GAS a little, then I will made my decision.

Thank you :)