Help me choose a color for my next Strat partscaster build!

Which color do you like better?

• Shell Pink

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Daphne Blue

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
So I'm going back down the partscaster build path, but I'm having trouble deciding on the color. I have it narrowed down to Shell Pink and Daphne Blue. For a little context, it will be a stratocaster (non relic,) with a rosewood fingerboard with a H-S-H pickup configuration. The humbuckers will have metal covers and the middle strat pickup along with the pickguard will be white. Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Screenshot_20220524-073146_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220524-063058_Reverb.jpg

gb Custom Shop

Tele-Meister
Ah these are 2 of my favourite Strat colours. If you're using a white pickguard, then I'd say shell pink. If you were to use a mint green gaurd, then I'd say the Daphne.

I built this Strat with shell pink as a base coat, and then with silver & copper mica in the clear coat. Officially I call it shell pink champagne, unofficially I call it shell pink on steroids. Just some food for thought...
IMG-20220308-WA0009.jpg

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
Ah these are 2 of my favourite Strat colours. If you're using a white pickguard, then I'd say shell pink. If you were to use a mint green gaurd, then I'd say the Daphne.

I built this Strat with shell pink as a base coat, and then with silver & copper mica in the clear coat. Officially I call it shell pink champagne, unofficially I call it shell pink on steroids. Just some food for thought...
View attachment 986638
Nice! That looks great!

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
Nice! That looks great!
It really does.
So I'm going back down the partscaster build path, but I'm having trouble deciding on the color. I have it narrowed down to Shell Pink and Daphne Blue. For a little context, it will be a stratocaster (non relic,) with a rosewood fingerboard with a H-S-H pickup configuration. The humbuckers will have metal covers and the middle strat pickup along with the pickguard will be white. Thanks everyone for your feedback!

View attachment 986579

View attachment 986580
You can't go wrong with either color and rosewood fretboard. I prefer a mint pickguard with the shell pink just like in your photo. Don't mean to throw a monkey wrench into things, but have you considered fiesta red with rosewood?

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
It really does.

You can't go wrong with either color and rosewood fretboard. I prefer a mint pickguard with the shell pink just like in your photo. Don't mean to throw a monkey wrench into things, but have you considered fiesta red with rosewood?
I did consider that, it's good combination, but I kind of already have that covered in a B bender tele that I have. So that's why I'm trying something new, for me.

Big Twang Theory

Tele-Meister
And I have thought about a mint pickguard like in the photos, but it drives me crazy that the pickguard and the pickup covers never match on those. Maybe they exist out there, but I haven't seen them.

Hodgo88

Tele-Meister
And I have thought about a mint pickguard like in the photos, but it drives me crazy that the pickguard and the pickup covers never match on those. Maybe they exist out there, but I haven't seen them.

AFAIK, it's supposed to mimic the subtle aging of the early 60s 3-ply white guards that turned a subtle mint color over time, while the pickups turned more of a parchment color. The whole thing is supposed to be a subtle, aged look, but now you can just buy "mint" guards that are extremely green and don't look anything like an original mint guard.

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
I voted for the shell pink just for the rarity of it. Blue strats are a dime a dozen.

I love my shell pink strat! And that's sonic blue, not Daphne next to it that I made for a friend.

Attachments

• 20210704_121657.jpg
    20210704_121657.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 16

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I voted pink. And right there on the list of topics page to the right was an ad with a woman standing next to a sweet shell pink Volvo P-1800 wagon! So, you know that's a sign, hands down.