Help me build my Tripscaster

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by jjkrause84, Apr 18, 2009.

1. jjkrause84

jjkrause84 Poster Extraordinaire

Hi guys. I have a dream guitar in mind....it doesn't yet exist but it will (and hopefully within just a couple years). It is my "Tripscaster".

-Headstock will say nothing but "Tripscaster" but brand is also acceptible, if need be (G&L, Fender, whatever)

-Medium-Jumbo (i.e. normal?) frets

-I don't know about neck radii but I prefer slimmer necks so maybe something just a BIT chunkier than my MIM Strat? Advice would be great.

-Rosewood fretboard

-Alder body preferred but I'm not too picky

- Deep red crimson-yet-see-through paint job

-Red and Gold paisley pickguard from um....that one paisley custom shop (please remind me of the one!)

-Humbucker in Neck and single coil bridge (I would prefer Bare Knuckles in there...needless to say the humbucker needs that Burnt Chrome cover...Mmmmmmm). If possible, and not too costly, I'd like to be able to have the option run the bucker out of phase...can I also run a humbucker and a single "out of phase" like a Baja Tele or am I just mad?

- Bigbsy

- RS Guitarworks Telecaster electronics

So how do I set about doing this? Maybe buy a G&L and ask them to hold on all the electronics? Maybe deal with USACG? I'd love to know what you guys think would be the best way of creating my dream guitar on a relative budget. I think I can do this, for example, for under or not too much more than $1,000. If not, that's cool I can spend more but I'd like to do it within that range if possible.

2. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

All the links and info you need are here. Do the research, make posts on particulars, purchase the parts and have at it. I'd never built a guitar in my life before coming here and now I've built two customs of my own creation, and one clone with great results. When I say built, I mean assembled, not carving the body and neck like the expert craftsmen here. You can do it-follow your dream!

3. Jack Wells

Jack Wells Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I seriously doubt G&L or any other major Guitar company would sell you an unfinished guitar.

4. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Agreed. The only way to go that route is to buy a guitar and recoup some of the price selling the hardware/electronics you don't want. In other words, probably not a good way to go.

5. barkley

barkley Tele-Afflicted

a good place for cheap parts is guitarfetish.com
    Have you started this build yet?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.