Help installing electrosocket please ;-)

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Nolefinity, May 14, 2021.

1. Nolefinity

Nolefinity Tele-Meister

Am I an idiot? Probably.

But after completing my partscaster, The one thing I can’t figure out is how to install this.

I easily removed the existing jack cup and screwed the jack into the new electrosocket cup. But if I tighten it, then the threaded pole extends so far that I can’t get the screws around it. But if I put the screws in first and then tighten it, then the screws prevent me from putting the cup back in the wood. And if I just screw the cup into the wood first, then I can’t figure out how to turn the threaded pole in because I can’t fit fingers enough from the inside of the control area to get any leverage to tighten it at all.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

hepular and Nolefinity like this.
  3. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

Nolefinity likes this.
  4. Nolefinity

Nolefinity Tele-Meister

OK, thank you both. I’m all set. After being a Stratocaster guy for years, I didn’t realize how far the Jack should stick out. I successfully did it and it matches these photos here.

Appreciate it!

AAT65 likes this.
  5. old wrench

old wrench Friend of Leo's

Yeah, the nice thing about the ElectroSocket (beside the fact that it doesn't back out) is that when you have the jack screwed into it at the proper depth, you can just stab the cord plug in the general area of the socket and it will guide the plug right into the hole with no hang-up and full and solid engagement of the plug :).

It's worth while checking to make sure everything works properly before you nail it down ;).

Nolefinity likes this.
  6. adjason

adjason Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

sweet to see you got it working!

Nolefinity likes this.
  7. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Poster Extraordinaire

The threads should not stick out of an Electrosocket. A deliberate part of its design is that it allows imprecision when attempting to plug your cable in. The jack cup catches and "funnels" your phono jack into the hole, if you land anywhere within the cup.

FWIW, I hate them, though. I'd rather add screws to a standard Tele jack cup, or simply install a Les Paul style metal jack plate.

8. Nolefinity

Nolefinity Tele-Meister

Yep, and FYI, I put it in this MJT body. I filmed this video a few weeks ago before the electrosocket installation, When the Jack cup was literally about to fall out of the body :).

I’m thinking about doing a 10 part “how to build a partscaster for dummies“ video for people like me. This is my first one, and everything worked like a charm, thanks to good guidance from the fine folks here.

PeterUK and old wrench like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.