Help identifying broken Octron pot

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by keevohn, May 14, 2021.

1. keevohn

keevohn NEW MEMBER!

I'm repairing an original Foxrox Octron for a friend. The Octave Down pot is broken - it just spins and spins.

Here are a few photos of the pedal guts. The pot appears to be pretty unique: D-shaped shaft, 6-pin connectors, and two bracing pins. It's stamped A104P5, but I don't know if that means anything. I haven't desoldered it yet to see if the pot value is stamped on the bottom.

I sent an email to Foxrox, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone here can help me identify this pot. Any leads for a replacement would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Kevan

IMG_20210513_212119752_HDR.jpg IMG_20210513_212927499.jpg IMG_20210513_212954150.jpg

2. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

Did you try searching for "dual gang inline pcb mount pot?"

3. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

bourns pvt142 series 100ka dual gang

Urshurak776 likes this.
  4. keevohn

keevohn NEW MEMBER!

Thanks so much for the help! It looks like the Bourns PTV142 pots are mostly discontinued, and the only online source I could find requires a minimum order of 20. Finding similar pots from other manufacturers was proving to be difficult as well.

Coincidentally, Foxrox is now offering an Octron Care Package that includes the necessary pots and a few other items. Here's the link for posterity - hopefully this helps someone in the future:

https://www.foxroxelectronics.com/octron_care_package

Thanks again!
    Kevan

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.