1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Help identifying a guitar on Mike Ness: Cheating at Solitaire (some type of slide?)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by podboy3, Feb 21, 2010.

1. podboy3

podboy3 Tele-Afflicted

I love the Mike Ness album Cheating at Solitaire and through out the album there is slide guitar (I am not sure if that is the right term) and I was wondering if someone who knows the album could tell me what it is since I am not up on such guitars.

thank you,
    dan

2. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Telefied Ad Free Member

Wikipedia lists that as well as electric and acoustic guitars and basses, the album also features slide guitar and pedal steel.

I'm not really familiar with Mike and his work, but pedal steel has a real distinctive sound.

3. RockinCarl

RockinCarl Tele-Afflicted

What songs really stand out for you? Because that album has slide guitar AND pedal steel guitar on it. "Im In Love With My Car" is 'standard' slide guitar, while songs like "Devil In Ms. Jones'' is pedal steel.

Hopefully that helped in some way. Haha.

4. podboy3

podboy3 Tele-Afflicted

When you say slide guitar do you mean playing a regular guitar with any old slide on one of your digits? I am not sure if there is another type and if that is what you meant than no it is definitely not slide.

I do believe Devil in Miss Jones is one of the songs I am thinking of. I am off to see if I can get a few hours of sleep and then I will update with a couple other songs.

About the Pedal Steel. Is it hard (or a pain) to learn? does being able to play guitar help or is it a different beast altogether?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.