1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Help identifying a Fender Neck?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by innate8, Oct 18, 2018.

1. innate8

innate8 TDPRI Member

I’m trying to figure out what this is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Friend of Leo's

Looks to my eyes to be a late 90's or early 00's AM STD tele neck that someone swapped tuners and the logo.
    I'm basing this on the truss rod plug and the tilt adjust insert.

innate8 likes this.
  3. innate8

innate8 TDPRI Member

American was my thoughts too, based on the wood insert, only American models had that type, right? The single string tree hole, is an American thing of more recent years though, right?
    The tuners and logo are throwing me off, I haven’t seen it up close so I haven’t seen underneath those tuners for the standard fender tuner guide holes or if the logo looks original or not yet.

4. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Friend of Leo's

Yes, the rosewood insert is definitely an American model thing, along with the tilt adjust and 22 frets which it looks like that neck has. I didn't catch the single string tree at first glance and I believe you're correct its a more recent thing.
    That being the case, the logo and tuners may be stock tho perhaps others can chime in with their take on things. FMIC has had so many models and variations over the ~20 years, its difficult to keep up on things.

innate8 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.