Help! Help! Help!

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Restless Native, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Restless Native

Restless Native TDPRI Member

looking for some expert advice from my favourite peeps... help me decide between the Thorpfx The Dane, Keeley D&M Drive, and Wampler Paisley Drive please? Unfortunately living in the back of beyond means no try before you buy, but YouTube helps some...

2. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Holic

You know we're all gonna tell you to buy all 3......

YouTube is ok to some degree, but my last 4 pedal buys (only can count 3, Glove was defective and haven't bought another) thought me that delay and OD is so amp dependent that YouTube is more ballpark than reasonable sample.

Are all 3 available through Andertons? I think they're ok ish on returns...
    If what you're researching is making you sure youd be happy with any potentially, go with whatever you find a deal on first, and I mean good deal, 15% + off what youd spend on it taking a shot.

I've heard good things about the wampler and the keeley, but rig and taste matter alot.

3. Restless Native

Restless Native TDPRI Member

Thanks for the prompt reply. At £249 each I don’t think I’ll be buying them all, even with a good returns policy . At present I’m playing Multiple Fenders and Gretsches through an Orange CR120H/2x12, Bassbreaker 15 combo, or Line 6 Spider Jam. Effects until 6 months or so ago were Boss ME50 or ME80 and a few standalones. I’ve decided to be a big boy now and build a pedalboard, which means finding a nice boost/overdrive pedal to fill a gap or free up a little space on the board (whichever way I go). Currently, dirt is provided by a Big Muff - love it -, SD clean 25db boost, TS clone, turnip greens (soul food/reverb). I try to play John Mayer, Clapton, Derek Trucks, Setzer, Paisley, 60s Stuff (stones, Beatles, Who, Kinks, Small Faces), RHCP, Byrds/Teenage Fanclub/Petty/REM, etc. Other than that, heavy saturated dirt isn’t really required. Clean or edge of breakup to crunchy at best is my thing. I’m a massive fan of “Danish” Pete Honore, and also Dan & Mick from That Pedal Show, so obvious why their signature pedals are in the mix. Next purchase will be my dream amps - 65 Deluxe Reverb or AC30 (handwired; with a decent attenuator)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.