HELP: Fender Champ 5F1 - Power Transformer Wiring

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by Codfish Rebecchi, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Codfish Rebecchi

Codfish Rebecchi NEW MEMBER!

I'm having a crack at a 57' Fender Champ as my first attempt to build a guitar amp. I've sourced all the components in Australia, rather that buying a kit out of the states. I plan to follow the StewMac instructions. They seem pretty good and straight forward.

The power transformer I have sourced is different to those in most of the kits and the material I've found online and I was hoping someone could help me with how this should be wired in to suit the StewMac wiring plans.

Power Transformer - EV650
    https://www.evatco.com.au/ev650-power-transformer

I've attached a copy of the Side A and B wiring, it's also available at the link above.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
    CR

Attached Files:

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

The key at the bottom of that PT info sheet explains what everything is. Your only decision is which HT secondary to use....the 650Vac or the 560vac. Whichever HT secondary you do not use should be taped off and secured.
    I took a look at the Stew Mac page for that kit. I don’t care for the AC input wiring....it is not best and safest. that said, the black primary in that diagram correlate to the r3d primary in your PT. The green 6.3vac heater filaments are color coded the same. In the SM circuit, the rectifier 5vac heater voltage is yellow whereas your PT has orange wiring for that winding.
    As to that AC input wiring, your hot AC lead should go to the fuse the, then to the switch, and from there to one end of the primary. The Neutral should go direct to the other red primary lead. Ground is to ground.

King Fan likes this.
  3. Codfish Rebecchi

Codfish Rebecchi NEW MEMBER!

Thanks Wally, you're a legend - all hooked up and working. I've attached a couple photos if you are interested.

Thanks again.
    CR

image12.jpeg
    image14.jpeg

King Fan and Wally like this.
  4. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Kudos....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.