Help deciding on Tumnus Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by telepraise, Oct 13, 2018.

1. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Holic

I haven't bought a pedal in while now and its time. Reading here and watching some great reviews on YouTube had convinced me that the Tumnus Deluxe would fill a tone gap on my board, it seems really versatile. So I went on Sweetwater and decided to read reviews before I hit the purchase button. I was surprised to see that the last 4 reviews out of 20 were from people who had to return it because of the loud electronic pop when engaging it and the high noise floor. Sweetwater generally only allows one negative review out of 20 so this is significant. I already own a Euphoria that had similar issues to the point that I returned it to Wampler to service it. BTW, I'm using a one spot pro filtered power supply, so I know that's not a factor.

So, have any of you owned this pedal for awhile and has anyone had similar issues with it? Wampler pedals generally sound great (I also have the Ego compressor) but the loud pop wouldn't cut it for playing in worship service. Your input is greatly appreciated

2. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Meister

I haven’t experienced a loud pop with mine since I put it on an isolated power mounted to my board, it is silent on my board. I did hear loud pops from it when I daisy chained it with other pedals, but some of the other pedals also popped like that so I attributed it to the daisy chain setup. The noise floor on an OD pedal with active tone controls is a bit higher than without active tone controls, but it certainly is an acceptable level to my ears. I really like mine.

telepraise likes this.
  3. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

you ever get it? have one on way

4. GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks Tele-Afflicted

I bought one. Returned it 2 days later. It sounded like a BOSS distortion pedal. (a very good one!). I had other overdrives that sound much better. I just got the Alexander Juliee (marshall type overdrive) pedal. Very fun! Really depends on what amp you are using.

I didn't notice any weird noises.

5. Daytona.57

Daytona.57 Tele-Meister

Archer Ikon was the only klone that I could get my hands on when I wanted one. It also has a small footprint, that does not take a lot of space on a board.

I don't regret procuring it and it has become a mainstay as end of OD boost.

YMMV

bftfender likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.