1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Help, Cat Keeps Messing On My Pedalboard!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by johnnykf, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

Yeah, I forgot that one. Check the garden sources online, there should be some info on mixing cayenne with water to lightly spritz surfaces. It doesn't take much to make a cat want to be somewhere else,

2. Flat357

Flat357 Banned

[​IMG]

3. fate

fate TDPRI Member

I am T-total amazed at the problem, and beside myself at the response. I gotta
    believe you are yankin' chains here. But in the spirit that anything goes, here
    goes....set a baited RAT TRAP on that real nice pedal board. The ball is now in
    Sylvester's court. Here kitty kitty !! How long he wants to play is now up to him.
    My money is on ONE time

4. giginthesky

giginthesky Friend of Leo's

have you tried talking to the cat?

5. johnnykf

johnnykf Tele-Holic

Hilarious!

Flat, I'll be laughing all day about that lion pic, that was great. Anyhow, I'll try some cayenne pepper solution after I clean this thing up real good. I leave it out so it's handy plug in and play with at a moments notice, like if I only have 10 minutes or so. Packing it up every time would defeat the purpose I bought it for.
    No I wont hit the cat. Maybe I'll try a different brand of pedalboard, this one's a cheapie.
    Well, at least she didn't go in the soundhole of my J45 or the back of my Princeton.

6. Fourth Feline

Fourth Feline Tele-Holic

Absolutely what Larry said. :!:

7. Fourth Feline

Fourth Feline Tele-Holic

Aaaw how sweet !

The problem as I understand it is that some cats percieve things like the smell of new plastic / man made fabrics / adhesives as being a bit 'iffy'. I was disappointed at some of the macho replies - but boys will be boys. I just thought that Telecaster guys had more sense.

8. Flat357

Flat357 Banned

Sorry Johnny .
    I couldn't resist .
    I think Blue Water Girl wil kill me when she sees it's Brents board that's about to get a soaking :lol:

9. johnnykf

johnnykf Tele-Holic

Oh well, I should be thankful the Elwood the Airedale isn't dumping on it. That would be a much bigger mess to contend with.

Attached Files:

10. Pete Galati

Pete Galati R.I.P.

Yeah, but it'd get rid of some of that cat smell

11. fenderguy

fenderguy Tele-Meister

No seriously dont spank the kitty...:lol: Just move the gear to a seperate room with a door you can close... Spare bedroom etc...

12. Flat357

Flat357 Banned

I'm determined to avoid posting inuendos in this thread :D
    It's not easy ... but my tongue is bleeding badly from the continual biting of it :lol:

13. blacklinefish

blacklinefish Tele-Afflicted

You shouldn't hit a cat because it doesn't work. You shouldn't hit a dog because you will feel guilty for the rest of your life (it works too well and shouldn't be done). ...this does evoke the urine-toaster thread, doesn't it?

I now have images of Larry F baring his teeth, snarling, and then running behind a door to shake a can of coins.

I like cats, a lot. They remind me of furry lizards. They seem to be more reactive to their environment, rather than thoughtful. Wonderful creatures. People think I dislike them because my neighbor has 20-40 of them (all outside cats) at any given time. They are not cared for, and they die of cold in the winter and dehydration and exhaution in the summer - it sickens me. My dog doesn't even chase them because they are so plentiful.

Whatever smell is in the pedal board is probably on the inside too. Make sure that you open it up and carefully clean up the inside as well, or the problem will probably come back.
    --gh

14. johnnykf

johnnykf Tele-Holic

It's one of those hook and loop velcro jobbies and it's the carpet like material that retains the odor. P-U!!
    It's now off limits to the cat and Elwood won't go near it. Maybe she's marking her territory? Elwood is still a puppy and he came around after the cat. Gonna work on descenting it over the weekend after I brew up some cayenne spray to keep her off.

15. Flat357

Flat357 Banned

Perhaps take the Rat pedal off the board :D

16. bendecaster

bendecaster Friend of Leo's

I feel your pain, one of my pitbulls pissed in the back of my Mesa Boogie DC-5 combo quite a while ago. I went nuts cleaning out the innerds of that amp, but didn't hit the dog! It didn't happen again, but he did piss on my Marshall 4/12 cab once. I think he just liked tube amps, as he never hit any of my lesser expensive solid state amps. Lucky me huh?

17. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

True story. As a student, I worked as a security guard at a primate research center. On my morning rounds, I would pass by a cage with a family of macaques. Out of curiosity, I bared my teeth at them. They scurried under their father's outstretched arms and he bared his teeth and chattered right at me. I was ashamed that I triggered such a response and never did anything like that again. But what an impressive display of family protection that was.

18. geardaddy

geardaddy Tele-Holic

Think I'll clean it off as was suggested and get some repellent at the pet store.

i've heard that a couple of drops of tea tree oil is a fine cat deterrent, but i can't personally vouch for that...

19. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

+1

Definitely the path to a Cat's attention is through the ears... This is the way I had to break my Siamese(plural... and RIP) from Speakers, Amp Grills... etc.

As far as peeing on your Mixer(grr...) or pedal board... keep 'em apart? I tried the repellent sprays years ago and they were quite ineffectual!

My newest female tabby (born in the woods) is absolutely freaky about sound! She hates surround sound movies particularly... She can detect the little sucking sound that precedes a sudden release of bass energy and be out of the room before the explosion occurs! :eek: :lol: She is unbelievably fast to begin with...

20. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I think a chinese cat in the factory 'pre tested' your pedalboard.

bummer about the problem... but I know what I'm gonna name the next pedal I build 'cat piss'....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.