1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Help!! Blues Jr. vs Vox ac30 hw1x

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by 800xm, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

I don't know that's pretty apples and oranges to me. If you want a solid amp that can also serve as a pedal platform for your Helix, the BJr. IV is a great choice. The AC15 is not as flexible as a pedal platform, and it is pickier about pedals. To be sure, the classic Vox tone is awesome for a lot of folks, but that needs to be the reason you get one of these.

Confused about your comment about verb, doesn't the Helix have a ton of verb options so can use without needing to add another dedicated verb pedal right? I don't have a Helix so maybe I'm way off base.

swany and TokyoPortrait like this.
  2. mugen74

mugen74 Tele-Holic

Well, I don’t have either now but I’ll keep that in mind if I get another one. Thanks!

jh

stnmtthw likes this.
  3. dalezjc

dalezjc TDPRI Member

AC15 all day, every day.

4. LightningPhil

LightningPhil Tele-Meister

+1 for VOX option

5. Henry Mars

Henry Mars Tele-Afflicted

Different animals ... my preference is for the BJ Junior IV. They sound really nice right out of the box. They take pedals well and you won't get a hernia carrying it around. I'm not really a big VOX fan I ownd one and it sat in the corner for 3 years before I finally sold it. Another good choice is the Traynor YCV20.
    I use my JR a lot ... especially in small rooms. If you pull the plug in the chassis you can hook it up to any speaker cabinet that you want. My JR has a C.Rex ... it sound great.
    I'd pass on the VOX. JMHO

6. Mayas caster

Mayas caster Tele-Holic

I have a AC15 HW1x. Bought it second hand. It is one of the best amp I have owned. At that price, don’t hesitate you won’t regret it.

7. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I had an AC15C1 and a Blues Junior. I sold the AC15C1. The AC15 is very big and very heavy and I thought it was very harsh. I’ve gigged the BJ mic’d and not mic’d about 100 times and it’s never let me down.

A Blues Jr is like a Swiss Army knife and they’re conveniently to live with. Go to a store and pick up an AC15C1 and walk around with it. It’s like moving a small piece of furniture.

My opinion. Save your money and put it toward another guitar.

Henry Mars likes this.
  8. Bearzooka

Bearzooka TDPRI Member

You're right about that. I threw some casters on mine.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.