Help! Anyone ever play trumpet fanfare on ….electric guitar?

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
I rather drunkenly agreed to play trumpet fanfare music at a big outdoor party on electric guitar. Yeah I was an idiot. But I’ve agreed now and I’m a man of my word. Anyone know of any good examples or have done this yourself?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

kent1113

TDPRI Member
Played the pocket trumpet part in Penny Lane on an electric only because somebody had to. No trumpet player.

joe.attaboy

Tele-Meister
Well, if you need something simple, there's the old "Call To The Post" used at racetracks. It's a military fanfare, too. A sound I love hearing...

Pretty simple to play, too.

thetrumpet77

NEW MEMBER!
I'd go with what radtz posted above with the 20th Century Fox theme.
Another trumpet/bugle thing you can do on guitar is play the harmonics on the 12th fret, on the D-G-B strings and play most of Taps, then just add the top note D on the top of it.

RCinMempho

Friend of Leo's
If you have a looper, you might be able to record part of it before hand, start the looper and add the sexy part live. That way you might be able to use an actual audio clip of a fanfare and play lead guitar over the top of it.

Just a thought.

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
If you have a looper, you might be able to record part of it before hand, start the looper and add the sexy part live. That way you might be able to use an actual audio clip of a fanfare and play lead guitar over the top of it.

Just a thought.
Thanks good idea.

I fancy doing a Brian May and Playing God Save The Queen (the original, not the Pistols version) and then ending in a cacophony of feedback and wah wang bar dives a la Woodstock.

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
You could try a Roland guitar synth, but your picking better be very, very clean. I did a sax solo on this song at the 1:35 mark using Jam Origin's Midi Guitar VST plugin and one of the sax patches in Propellerhead's Reason, but I invariably have to edit out a tone of ghost notes and glitches because of my wonky picking technique when I try to play soft synths via guitar.

MisterZ

Tele-Afflicted
I once played the Wedding March from "Lohengrin" on my SG, with full fuzz and reverb. (It was a fake wedding, so no one was too shocked.)