Hellooo, I mod my guitar picks.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Modding picks - we'll have to compare notes.
I tried to simulate 12 string w/ a sandwich of thin picks around a spacer (a nickel, a washer, can't recall).
That and the pick-punch over credit cards and other random materials.

Welcome to the club.
Peace - Deeve

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
Modding picks - we'll have to compare notes.
I tried to simulate 12 string w/ a sandwich of thin picks around a spacer (a nickel, a washer, can't recall).
That and the pick-punch over credit cards and other random materials.

Welcome to the club.
Peace - Deeve

Did you ever try one of these? I don't know if they're still being made. I bought one shortly after I started playing as I was trying to acquire all the different pics I could get my hands on. But that's closing in on 20 years ago!

It's just a bunch of probably cut up D strings held in place by a piece of plastic and cut by an angle, so it wouldn't be impossible to make yourself.

Edit: Found one

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter

Did you ever try one of these? I don't know if they're still being made. I bought one shortly after I started playing as I was trying to acquire all the different pics I could get my hands on. But that's closing in on 20 years ago!

It's just a bunch of probably cut up D strings held in place by a piece of plastic and cut by an angle, so it wouldn't be impossible to make yourself.

Edit: Found one

Cool - fortunately, I found an actual 12, so I'm good...
Peace - Deeve

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Hi everyone.

Everytime I look information about pedals/guitar mods in general I end up clicking a thread on this forum, So it is time for me to sign in and explore a little bit more, looking foward to learn more about modding and fun stuff. 🤖🔧
How do you mod 'em? Forum sarcasm?

I, in fact, do mod mine. I like a very bright pick, in the jazz III / Fender 551 shape. Clayton Ultem is the best material, but only recently I discovered they make a Spike model, which seems to be that shape. They arrive today.

Prior to this, I have bought larger Clayton Ultems and cut 'em with scissors. While I'm at it, I leave the shoulders kinda sharp. It seems to keep the pick from spinning in my grip, and also aids when folding the pick into my palm.

Welome to the forum.

loidrinkaku

TDPRI Member
How do you mod 'em? Forum sarcasm?

I, in fact, do mod mine. I like a very bright pick, in the jazz III / Fender 551 shape. Clayton Ultem is the best material, but only recently I discovered they make a Spike model, which seems to be that shape. They arrive today.

Prior to this, I have bought larger Clayton Ultems and cut 'em with scissors. While I'm at it, I leave the shoulders kinda sharp. It seems to keep the pick from spinning in my grip, and also aids when folding the pick into my palm.

Welome to the forum.

I said I mod my picks because all pedals/guitars/amps/pedalboards and everything music related I've ever had where moded in some way, except guitar picks, So it was sarcarsm in some way but after reading the comments I will absolutely start modding my guitar picks. 😂

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I said I mod my picks because all pedals/guitars/amps/pedalboards and everything music related I've ever had where moded in some way, except guitar picks, So it was sarcarsm in some way but after reading the comments I will absolutely start modding my guitar picks. 😂
Glad to help. That's what we're here for: to sew dissatisfaction with gear you already own. 😁

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I actually do mod my own picks.

I have a pick punch. I punched this from a gift card from Universal Studios. I then drilled holes in it for grip.

Modded pick!

1642184575302.png