Hello to all, just joined

Dontelecaster

TDPRI Member
I have been playing since real young. My dad played too. Got married had kids and guitar came here and there but not often enough. Retired from the FDNY and had a two story fall. Was in coma on life support for a month and hospital for four months. Was in wheel chair but worked hard and learn to walk again. Still working on improving my left leg and arm. Had arterial brain bleed and lived. Told the doctor I’m going to pick up the guitar and get my hand working. He said that’s a fantastic way to heal and stimulate your body and mind. It’s going slow but getting fret fingers back a little at a time. After all I’ve been thru, I purchased some new guitars. I always wanted a tele. I have my dads Gibson 1930s acoustic, his 54 Gibson L-4C, his Gibson Lucille, his affinity strat and his Gibson j-150 I think it’s a 150. My first electric was a 79 les Paul custom. These are my new axes. I am shocked how well the two Schecter are. They are great guitars. The fenders are also really like. I have a spark amp and a tube fender. I also wanted to add that I saw Roy Buchanan live at the bottom line in Manhattan on west 4th and Mercer street prob around 1979. He came over to our table and spoke with us. I have always wanted a tele since. Hello to all. I’ve learned a lot from everyone here just reading. Thanks to all.

Don

Attachments

• CC371DD2-158B-45FE-AD06-DA79EEDDFE24.jpeg
    CC371DD2-158B-45FE-AD06-DA79EEDDFE24.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 41

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I have been playing since real young. My dad played too. Got married had kids and guitar came here and there but not often enough. Retired from the FDNY and had a two story fall. Was in coma on life support for a month and hospital for four months. Was in wheel chair but worked hard and learn to walk again. Still working on improving my left leg and arm. Had arterial brain bleed and lived. Told the doctor I’m going to pick up the guitar and get my hand working. He said that’s a fantastic way to heal and stimulate your body and mind. It’s going slow but getting fret fingers back a little at a time. After all I’ve been thru, I purchased some new guitars. I always wanted a tele. I have my dads Gibson 1930s acoustic, his 54 Gibson L-4C, his Gibson Lucille, his affinity strat and his Gibson j-150 I think it’s a 150. My first electric was a 79 les Paul custom. These are my new axes. I am shocked how well the two Schecter are. They are great guitars. The fenders are also really like. I have a spark amp and a tube fender. I also wanted to add that I saw Roy Buchanan live at the bottom line in Manhattan on west 4th and Mercer street prob around 1979. He came over to our table and spoke with us. I have always wanted a tele since. Hello to all. I’ve learned a lot from everyone here just reading. Thanks to all.

Don
Welcome......that's a heck of a story. Glad you're still around to join us and share your history. I'd love to see a pic of your dad's Gibsons. That's cool that you have them. (I'm assuming he's no longer with us?) Best wishes. ;)

Dontelecaster

TDPRI Member
Welcome......that's a heck of a story. Glad you're still around to join us and share your history. I'd love to see a pic of your dad's Gibsons. That's cool that you have them. (I'm assuming he's no longer with us?) Best wishes. ;)
I plan to post all the others too. The L 4C has a real old guild pick on it. I think my dad put it on in the 50’s. He probably got it where Mannys and Sam were on 48th street. Been on that block a hundred times when I was young. most of my friends played and we use to take the Staten Island ferry for a nickel and the subway for 35 cents and we were at the guitar Mecca. It’s sad but Mannys closed, same ash is like a guitar center chain and all the small private owned specialty instrument shops and studios are gone. I never in my life thought I would buy a guitar on the internet but times have changed

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted

Don
welcome don..you've been thru a lot..some of us here relate on a personal level..this is a great site if..you have a sense of humor..nice guitars you have and schecter are very nice guitars. i was fortunate enough a number of years ago to have the opportunity to play a few strat type ones..found them a little heavy at that time but played very well. there are a lot of very good people on this site to ask questions to and receive good advice ( at times..hehe) hope you enjoy your time here:)

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Welcome - sorry to hear about your fall, but I'd agree w/ your care team - playing guitar may strengthen your brain as well as your fingers.
It sounds cool to hear about having a chance at dad's gear.
I got my father's briefcase. . .
Peace - Deeve

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
A hearty welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico. I read your bio/ history and I think you need to write a book about overcoming. I found it interesting. I am very glad to see you attached a pic of your guitars. They all look like each may have its own story, except g or the new one in the middle. I have tremors in my flat picking hand, seem to drop the pick ever so often .... just another challenge in my older age. Play on