Hello to all from Texas

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Just joined as a new guitar is on its way. I currently have a Jeff Beck Strat, a original Starcaster and now a Tele that should arrive tomorrow.
Play through a Fender Super-twin with a GT 1000 as a effects processor. Not a professional by any means but something I have played with over my life.
Look forward to the forum (I have been on a few car forums) and am sure I will learn much. I have been impressed by the general kindness that the members show to one another in my previous lurking. Best to all.
Another welcome from the DFW Metroplex......Westside Ft Worth to be precise. ;)

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
20220415_100733.jpg

There she is. So far so good, had fun playing last night, I definitely get the allure. Playing with effects and just enjoying the craftsmanship. Had to do some action adjustment but that is one straight neck. Like the shape as well, don't know too much about it other than it is different than my other Fenders. I will post more later. Best to all and thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
View attachment 973947
There she is. So far so good, had fun playing last night, I definitely get the allure. Playing with effects and just enjoying the craftsmanship. Had to do some action adjustment but that is one straight neck. Like the shape as well, don't know too much about it other than it is different than my other Fenders. I will post more later. Best to all and thanks for the welcome.
DAYUM! THAT'S PURTY!

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
Thanks, sounds pretty good too. Have put it through a couple of different effects, pedals and amps. It comes out sounding pretty sweet regardless.

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Just joined as a new guitar is on its way. I currently have a Jeff Beck Strat, a original Starcaster and now a Tele that should arrive tomorrow.
Play through a Fender Super-twin with a GT 1000 as a effects processor. Not a professional by any means but something I have played with over my life.
Look forward to the forum (I have been on a few car forums) and am sure I will learn much. I have been impressed by the general kindness that the members show to one another in my previous lurking. Best to all.
Welcome to the rabbit hole group......so you have an original Starcaster!? Tell us about it (with pics) I have been eyeballing the classic vibe version

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
I do have an original Starcaster. I bought it new in El Paso soon after graduating High School. 1976 or so. Honestly don't know what I was thinking at the time, just thought it looked cool. I have had it ever since with varying degrees of like and disdain. It was not until I started messing with effects did I really appreciate the guitar. The match with it and the super twin was not a good one, in my mind anyway. So, it took some effects to bring out the possibilities. After many hours of tweaking I now really enjoy playing it. It has a narrow neck and is easy to barre cord and after backing the pick-ups away from the strings it really started sounding sweet. Set up is important, yes. Anyway, here is a picture.

Attachments

• 20220415_100826.jpg
    20220415_100826.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 5