Hello There....

Zippity_Doodah

TDPRI Member
Hi Everyone, Nice to meet everyone, and I'm glad to be a part of this Discussion Page! I've been playing with varying degrees of seriousness since 2013. I've obviously got a tele (Fender American Original 50s) A couple of partscasters me and my dad assembled (one is a twang king set, the other is a wilkonson set), A strat (partscaster tex spec), a D'Angelico SS, and a whole lotta MIJ guitars (no lawsuits). I mainly play classic rock, early prog rock, and dead tunes. I'm just getting into pedals, and my amp is a pignose 60vr that my friends are all jealous of. As far as guitars go, I'm a bit of a gearhead and should probably spend more time playing the guitars instead of talking about them (but who doesn't every once and a while). I am not well versed in amps and specs on amps since I've never had to buy one. I hope I can learn a lot from all of you!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Welcome man! You've come to the right place for your questions, that's for sure ;)

Moonraker5

Tele-Meister
I hope I can learn a lot from all of you!

The ironic thing is...there really isn't much to learn about a Telecaster. They are simple, bare bones guitar. I have three Rickenbackers and I still don't know what the fifth knob actually does. I have two Gretsches and pickup adjustments, tone controls, Bigsby set up, how to string the guitar efficiently, feedback control...all that and more has to learned.

But a Tele? Really just plug in and play.

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Welcome to the forum. Great info available. Here's a tip.....SEARCH on the topic of your questions first before posting an inquiry about it. It's quite possible that it may have already been a topic discussed in the past ....

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
Welcome. Pignose amps are very cool. I've never owned one but I've played through a few and was never disappointed.

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico. Texas Specials in the strat, good choice. Here is my partscaster Esquire. Warmoth body, baritone neck. DiMarzio 'Chopper T'. I tune it to regular E.
20220404_183024~3.jpg

Attachments

• 20220330_215126~2.jpg
    20220330_215126~2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220330_215115~2.jpg
    20220330_215115~2.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 5