Hello, new here....

AV64LPBlue

TDPRI Member
Hello everyone, just joined, I'm BlackNBlue over on Strat-Talk.

Been playing guitar for almost 30 years. About a year ago I got my first Tele and really loved it but ended up trading it off. It was one of the Rarities models, the one with the chambered body and the neck humbucker. I traded it for a couple reasons, first while I loved how each pickup sounded there was a huge tonal difference between the two pickups, the bridge was MUCH brighter than the neck which I did not like. I thought about adding a second tone control for the bridge, but it was such a nice guitar I didn't feel right modifying it. And that was the second problem, it was SUCH a nice looking guitar I was always so careful with it I was almost afraid to take it anywhere. I by no means abuse my guitars, but I also like guitars that are not perfect so I don't have to worry about a ding here or there. I prefer used guitars that are already a bit beat up.

For the most part I've always been a Strat player although I do have other types of guitars, but ever since I got gave up that Tele I've been wanting another. I came across a used AV64 in LPB that was pretty well used and had a Bigsby mounted on it then removed. I usually don't like buying a guitar that I can't first try out but I've heard a lot of good things about this model so I'm hopeful, and because of the mounting holes in the body I got it for a good price. It should arrive in the next few days.

Oh and by the way my main amp is a Allen Accomplice running 6L6s and an oversized output transformer that I built from a kit.

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
Welcome and good luck. If you're trying to get away from overly bright in the bridge position, I would reccomend a pickup with flat pole pieces. In general, they seem mellower to me.

The weird part is mine has staggered poles.

AV64LPBlue

TDPRI Member
Probably won't get it until Monday, but here is a picture from the store.
2-DSCF4705_863x1920_crop_center.jpg

pippoman

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Hello everyone, just joined, I'm BlackNBlue over on Strat-Talk.

Been playing guitar for almost 30 years. About a year ago I got my first Tele and really loved it but ended up trading it off. It was one of the Rarities models, the one with the chambered body and the neck humbucker. I traded it for a couple reasons, first while I loved how each pickup sounded there was a huge tonal difference between the two pickups, the bridge was MUCH brighter than the neck which I did not like. I thought about adding a second tone control for the bridge, but it was such a nice guitar I didn't feel right modifying it. And that was the second problem, it was SUCH a nice looking guitar I was always so careful with it I was almost afraid to take it anywhere. I by no means abuse my guitars, but I also like guitars that are not perfect so I don't have to worry about a ding here or there. I prefer used guitars that are already a bit beat up.

For the most part I've always been a Strat player although I do have other types of guitars, but ever since I got gave up that Tele I've been wanting another. I came across a used AV64 in LPB that was pretty well used and had a Bigsby mounted on it then removed. I usually don't like buying a guitar that I can't first try out but I've heard a lot of good things about this model so I'm hopeful, and because of the mounting holes in the body I got it for a good price. It should arrive in the next few days.

Oh and by the way my main amp is a Allen Accomplice running 6L6s and an oversized output transformer that I built from a kit.
Welcome PBlue (had to shorten - I’m terrible with names). I like your take on guitars that are already a little beat up, but not abused; otherwise it’s then a “rescue.”