Hello! May I have your help with amp pricing?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by MitchJ89, Apr 7, 2019.

1. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's

Don't sell any amp you describe as having breath taking tone....use it, play it out, don;t let it get stolen. Gary Louris from the jayhawks approves

MitchJ89 likes this.
  2. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

I agree, why I noted earlier I play mine more than my BFDR ... The thing just sings. Thick tone but articulate. If I could play louder at gigs I wouldnt even need an OD. I've long been into non reverb amps but keep heeding the hype and buy more of those too! There is a TON of circuitry you dont need if you dont want Reverb in the amp. (and back ground noise)
    A basic Deluxe circuit without effects on board, SO simple: (disregard the control mods I had on the pots)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    jman72, MitchJ89 and 24 track like this.
  3. MitchJ89

MitchJ89 Tele-Meister

Very cool. I’d be curious to see the schematic for the AA763 circuit for comparison. They hadn’t switched over yet when they made my 63.

4. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Fwiw, the values listed in the VG guide are not low and high condition prices. Those numbers create the range of value for items in excellent and original condition. Any damage or non-originality will take the value under the lower end of the range......depending on the condition and originality, the value of any certain item...amp in this case.....could be only a small percentage of that state “excellent and original” condition. Those VG Guide values are supposedly established by reports of sales of comparables by dealers.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    LuthRavin, schmee and gridlock like this.
  5. 68silverw/black

68silverw/black TDPRI Member

6. 68silverw/black

68silverw/black TDPRI Member

page 444 of 2019 Vintage Guitar Price Guide lists low value $2300 high value $3200 same comments about appearance and non-original parts

24 track and MitchJ89 like this.
  7. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

I'm still gonna have to build me something like this. Like Robrob's Blackvibe amps. So simple. My next project.

schmee likes this.
  8. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

I havent got the new issue yet , thanks

I always post the page number because I've had issues with some members about the authenticity of the item ,

thanks again!

9. Wally

My thoughts are that a $3200 amp in that all original and excellent condition range would have to be very, very clean. The amp could show some slight indications of use, but there could be no holes in panels and the grille cloth would have to be somewhere near perfect regarding tears and wear. The $2300 amp in that range would show more indications of use, but still no holes in panels and still little abuse to the cloth or toelx. wear on the tolex and grille cloth takes the amp out of the excellent condition evaluation.
    When you get cabs with holes in panels and replacement speakers or transformers, then the all-original thing is lost...and excellent is a dream that left the station never to be seen again. Value is cut in half, imho....and that is if it has been fully serviced and is working properly.
    Ommv.....

24 track likes this.
  10. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Just looked at it, and the listing shows as having sold.

11. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

OP: the dependability question is worth considering. I consider reliability to be absolute, so I would not gig that amp, despite its good shape. I may be a contrarian, but I'm not in love with Deluxe tones -- they're fine -- and would rather have an amp I can rely on than a collectible. I don't struggle to get good tone from a decent amp. As for price, the best I can offer is that $2500 seems to me to be the high going rate for a decent old Deluxe Reverb. Yours beats those in condition, but does not have reverb and has a changed speaker. In the current soft market, I would ask 2500 and take 2000. It's worth more, long term, but I don't know if a seller would get that today. Maybe I'm wrong.

MitchJ89 likes this.
  12. Geo

Geo Friend of Leo's

There likely wasn't that many BF Deluxe amps made in '63 as the brown Deluxe production ended
    in May '63. That and BF production may not have started immediately in June '63.

MitchJ89 likes this.
  13. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Afflicted

LuthRavin and 24 track like this.
  14. MitchJ89

MitchJ89 Tele-Meister

15. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

i wonder what mushrooms they have been eating, now thats funny :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    19 large .... lol I hate to say it but its only an amp, I guess you can ask as much as you want it all depends on how much yiou want a buyer!

16. Wally

NOS/NIB will bring a price that has very little to do with excellent and original values. And....Asking prices are not Selling prices.
    And....I am not in that market, either.

17. Wally

18. Miguel-martinez

Miguel-martinez TDPRI Member

Just dont rush, a good offer will come, it is an amazing amp

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.