Hello! Just got my first guitar (been playing bass for decades). Loving my new Tele!

basslicker

TDPRI Member
Hello! New guy here.

I'm a 41 year old bassist who can barely get my head around four strings let alone six! I've always had the itch to learn guitar but for some reason never pulled the trigger. I figured better late than never. I'm a P bass guy through and through and the Tele has always had that same kind of soul to me. Just pure joy and simplicity!

One day I'll find my dream Tele once I have a few guitar playing years under my belt, but for now this Fender Player I got brand new for $700 should do the trick! I'm actually blown away by the build quality for the price. After a quick setup this thing plays like a dream!

IMG_0011.jpeg

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Great looking Tele. Nothing wrong with being a bassist and learning guitar.
In fact, learning guitar years ago helped me change my perspective writing bass lines. That’s partly why I originally picked it up. Seeing the music you like from the perspective of different instruments.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
Man, I was looking for that color, but ended up getting natural (in my profile pic). I got this for $700 used, it's a 78 american deluxe swamp ash one piece body with lollar vintage PU's. A steal....

edited: Oh, almost forgot. Welcome!!!!

basslicker

TDPRI Member
Great looking Tele. Nothing wrong with being a bassist and learning guitar.
In fact, learning guitar years ago helped me change my perspective writing bass lines. That’s partly why I originally picked it up. Seeing the music you like from the perspective of different instruments.

It certainly helps a bunch learning new instruments when it comes to overall musicianship. I also started learning piano about four years ago, and I'm far from being good at piano, but it certainly did help me overall when it comes to understanding melody, building bass lines, etc.

Say, you wouldn't happen to be the regular over at Talkbass with the same name would ya?

basslicker

TDPRI Member
Man, I was looking for that color, but ended up getting natural (in my profile pic). I got this for $700 used, it's a 78 american deluxe swamp ash one piece body with lollar vintage PU's. A steal....

edited: Oh, almost forgot. Welcome!!!!

If I'm being 100% honest, this color isn't normally my vibe. I don't dislike it, but it's not normally something I would pick up. However, these retail for $850 new and MusiciansFriend had them on sale for $700 (in this color only), so I had GC price match. I have to say though, the color is really growing on me! I even went all out and got the matching Fender sea foam green hard case!

Call Me Al

Tele-Holic
Welcome!

So I’ve played bass for like 20 years. (My #1 is a P.) I played acoustic for about 10, but not much more than cowboy chords. In 2020 (when I was 40) I got my first electric. Also a Tele, also drawn to the simplicity.

About 18 months in now, it’s a ton of fun. (Watch out for the GAS- I have 3 electrics now! 🤣) and I probably play more guitar than bass now!

If you’re looking for lesson content check out active Melody. I love it, it’s helped me out a lot.

Enjoy that bad boy!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
It certainly helps a bunch learning new instruments when it comes to overall musicianship. I also started learning piano about four years ago, and I'm far from being good at piano, but it certainly did help me overall when it comes to understanding melody, building bass lines, etc.

Say, you wouldn't happen to be the regular over at Talkbass with the same name would ya?
Yep. World's only going to put up with 1 Killing Floor. Rosewood P in my avatar.