Hello from the UK

Telefan65

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Hello there,

My name is Sean and I am from the UK. I have recently purchased a
Fender Player Series Telecaster, I’m really loving it so far. Previously I have had a Strat for 20 years (another Mexican but that has never caused me any issues)

My main reason for joining is to ask advice around replacing the bridge to three saddle brass bridge. I bought one that I had to return as it was too short but have found this one and wondered whether it would fit on there? The measurements seem correct but I don’t want to go through the hassle of returning it!!

https://www.axesrus.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BS-TC2CS&CartID=1

I am also thinking of changing the strings to 11 gauge as this is what I use on my Strat but may also give 10s a whirl, we’ll see ☺️

Many Thanks

Sean
Welcome,
Plenty of shared knowledge/information to be found here.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Hello there,

My name is Sean and I am from the UK. I have recently purchased a
Fender Player Series Telecaster, I’m really loving it so far. Previously I have had a Strat for 20 years (another Mexican but that has never caused me any issues)

My main reason for joining is to ask advice around replacing the bridge to three saddle brass bridge. I bought one that I had to return as it was too short but have found this one and wondered whether it would fit on there? The measurements seem correct but I don’t want to go through the hassle of returning it!!

https://www.axesrus.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BS-TC2CS&CartID=1

I am also thinking of changing the strings to 11 gauge as this is what I use on my Strat but may also give 10s a whirl, we’ll see ☺️

Many Thanks

Sean
I have a MIM Tele and it has taken everything I have thrown at it.
I find myself partial to the Six Saddle bridges.
Can't get the three saddles to do my bidding.

As for heavier Strings, like .013's, the neck should be fine. However, the extra strain may be problematic on the tuners in
the long run.

When we don't like the sound (over here in the Colonies), we simply play louder.
Best of luck!