Hello from the UK

seanyshepp

TDPRI Member
Hello there,

My name is Sean and I am from the UK. I have recently purchased a
Fender Player Series Telecaster, I’m really loving it so far. Previously I have had a Strat for 20 years (another Mexican but that has never caused me any issues)

My main reason for joining is to ask advice around replacing the bridge to three saddle brass bridge. I bought one that I had to return as it was too short but have found this one and wondered whether it would fit on there? The measurements seem correct but I don’t want to go through the hassle of returning it!!

https://www.axesrus.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BS-TC2CS&CartID=1

I am also thinking of changing the strings to 11 gauge as this is what I use on my Strat but may also give 10s a whirl, we’ll see ☺️

Many Thanks

Sean

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
Hello there,

My name is Sean and I am from the UK. I have recently purchased a
Fender Player Series Telecaster, I’m really loving it so far. Previously I have had a Strat for 20 years (another Mexican but that has never caused me any issues)

My main reason for joining is to ask advice around replacing the bridge to three saddle brass bridge. I bought one that I had to return as it was too short but have found this one and wondered whether it would fit on there? The measurements seem correct but I don’t want to go through the hassle of returning it!!

https://www.axesrus.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BS-TC2CS&CartID=1

I am also thinking of changing the strings to 11 gauge as this is what I use on my Strat but may also give 10s a whirl, we’ll see ☺️

Many Thanks

Sean
welcome..

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Welcome, and I'm sure that someone will answer your question, there have been a number of threads about replacing bridges on MIM guitars in the past.

john_cribbin

Tele-Afflicted
Another welcome from the UK.

Personally I'd suggest you post your bridge issue in the Telecaster Discussion Forum. It may not get spotted here.

I'd post the question with pictures. I don't know the make up of your bridge, but it's a fairly frequent question and there are bridges with different number of screws and spacing. Pictures will help those in the know to identify what you have and your options.

seanyshepp

TDPRI Member
As promised here are some photos :)

First of my new Tele, work commitments have meant I haven’t been able to see her up properly yet, hence all the labels

BDBA2701-BAAD-4D3A-9F13-9F48662055DE.jpeg

Next of my considerably older Strat

05DEA44C-1C58-42D8-9379-C267576848EA.jpeg

And finally my also news amp (my old amp is broke, so I just a little Orange one last year, but that just didn’t do it for me so got this :)

31589842-F755-4F64-BE48-A5CE9B299288.jpeg

And finally my current pedals (another thing I have only recently started to get into after using OD for decades!

image.jpg

AJBaker

Friend of Leo's
Welcome!

Where in the UK?

Nice guitars!
On your strat the D saddle looks like it's too far forward, does it intonate correctly?

seanyshepp

TDPRI Member
Welcome!

Where in the UK?

Nice guitars!
On your strat the D saddle looks like it's too far forward, does it intonate correctly?

I’m in Essex

The D doesn’t intonate correctly, but that’s because it’s not out far enough! I can’t get it any further out unfortunately 🙂

It’s only a tiny bit out