1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Hello from the deep South (of England)

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by dobrojoe, Feb 11, 2017.

1. dobrojoe

dobrojoe Tele-Meister

I've been playing Fender guitars since the early 1960s. Yes, I was the lucky guy whose parents owned a music store and was able to take my pick. When Vox (Jennings) lost the Fender franchise to Selmer, they sold their stock of Fender guitars off cheap. I got a Jaguar, being the top of the range in those days, but I did later have a Stratocaster and Telecaster. Wish I still had them! I bought a new Strat in 1983, which I still have in mint condition. Telecasters are a newer obsession. A couple of years ago, I built three - from parts scavenged off eBay and some new Fender parts. I also bought a new, expensive '52 reissue, which must be my favourite guitar ever. It cost over £1500 in the UK, but it is just wonderful. Light, with a woody tone. I cheekily added a four-way switch to give me the series option and I use this more than any other. Another, has a five-way switch, giving a nasal 'phased' option that I use for some vintage blues numbers. Love Telecasters more than anything!

2. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Nice! Welcome aboard.. bout time you got here lol! :confused:

Post some pics of your guitars and amps if you want, always appreciated. Hope you enjoy your stay.. take care...

cmclayton101 likes this.
  3. dobrojoe

dobrojoe Tele-Meister

Thanks for the welcome, Big_Bend. This is one of the Teles I built two years ago.

tele.jpg

I sprayed it in transparent nitro gloss over a bought body blank and fitted it with a tooled leather scratch plate to give a 'blue jeans' look. It has five way switching and mostly Fender parts. I have recently changed the Chinese triple-A grade maple neck for a US Fender neck and the Fender 'Texas' pickups for the Fender 'Vintage' ones. Yesterday, I changed the bridge saddles from the stock Fender vintage to ones with compensated groves as the Fender ones put the tuning out after extreme string bends. Apart from being a little heavy, it is as near perfect as I can get.

Attached Files:

cmclayton101 and Doug 54 like this.
  4. dobrojoe

dobrojoe Tele-Meister

This is an amp I built from original Fender schematics. It is a Frankenstein with different circuit blocks from various vintage models. The main amp is 5 watt single ended with switchable EL84 and 6L6 output valves. It has switchable tone stacks with Champ and Bassman circuits. The reverb is from the Twin and the tremolo from the Tremolux. To that, I added an extra ECC83 gain stage up front with switchable clean, crunch and overdrive modes. It has a 12" Celestion speaker. Did I say it was loud? This amp literally sucks the notes from your fingers
    [​IMG]
    The cabinet.

[​IMG]
    The guts. Back panel with reverb and tremolo speed and depth not yet fitted here. There wasn't room on top.

5. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Ooh - love the blue of that Tele.

Welcome to the TDPRI!

dobrojoe likes this.
  6. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum !!

7. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Welcome aboard.

8. cmclayton101

cmclayton101 Tele-Meister

Great. Hello and welcome! You'll find in much more interesting than those other social media sites!. I do!. :)

9. cmclayton101

cmclayton101 Tele-Meister

That Tele is nice!!!!!!!

10. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Friend of Leo's

Welocme to TDPRI.

That is quite a feature list you put together, has it lived up to expectations?

11. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

...and welcome from mid-Wales.

12. since71

since71 Tele-Meister

Greetings from London! Thanks for the posting the photos, your work is so neat - you wouldn't want to see mine!

13. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome to the forum!

stRIng___________:::}

14. Kebmel

Kebmel Tele-Afflicted

Hello from even deeper South

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.