Hello from Southern Colorado

pope858

TDPRI Member
Hello Everyone! Glad to be here after spending the first half of the year "lurking" and learning. I've played guitar for 43 years but I didn't purchase my first Tele until earlier this year. I returned that one because of noise issues and another that just didn't have "it" and have been enjoying a new American Professional since May of this year.
I look forward to learning more about Tele's and all the peripheral details; amps, pedals, tubes and techniques and hopefully, I can add some insights and another perspective to the subjects at hand!
Paul

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Hey there Paul, welcome to Tele world. Enjoy.

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Hey, I'm in MI, but we are practically neighbors! :)

pope858

TDPRI Member
Thanks all, for the warm welcome! I've enjoyed lurking here and have picked up quite a bit of new info. Like I said, I'm a long time guitar player, but it had been almost exclusively acoustic guitar until a right shoulder injury about 4 years ago, made playing acoustics' almost unbearable. I've had a Stratocaster for 20+ years, and I bought a Fender Cyber-Twin amp when they first came out, and still like to shake the walls with it, once and awhile, but it's a big amp and it didn't get much use because I didn't like moving it around.
The tele in my avatar is the one I purchased in May. I tried to like the 75th diamond anniversary model (MIM), but after trying and rejecting 2 different examples, I just bit the bullet and bought one I was pretty sure would meet my needs and expectations. It has!
I don't play out these days but my set-up and options include my Tele and Strat, a Gibson Les Paul Studio and an Ibanez AS53. Along with the Cyber Twin, I have a Line 6 Spider Jam amp, a Bugera V5 and Bugera T5 head playing into a 112 cab. I'm ignorant when it comes to pedals, so I don't have any!
I still have a couple of acoustics around too...it is still the sound that drove me to try to learn to play guitar in the first place, all those years ago. My shoulder has healed enough that I can comfortably play any of my 00 or 000 sized guitars, but these days, I just seem to be smitten with all the new sonic options a good electric guitar and amp allows.

Someone asked for some pictures... Thanks again for the welcome!

100_4378.JPG 21PW18080875-front-xlarge.jpg 100_3514.JPG Tele.jpg

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Hey!

I went on a couple school visits with my son and found a really fun burger place in Pueblo. I drove over 120 on the highway by the Spanish Peaks exit so thanks for that sweet road with no traffic. Happy to talk you into a new fuzz pedal if you're into that.

Nice looking guitars.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Nice set of guitars! I don’t know where in SoCol you are, but I’ve probably been through there at some point during my Oklahoma/Colorado years.

DFB1

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Welcome.
I lived in Colorado for 12 years.
Miss it sometimes.

Nice family you have there. I have the same LP Studio.