Hello from Seattle - 2nd time around

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by NewKid, Jun 22, 2018.

1. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Meister

I joined this forum in 2011 after purchasing an American Special - white with black pickguard. It was a great guitar and I loved the neck and jumbo frets. I then went insane and traded that for a ukulele at Mass Street Music in Kansas and proceeded to acquire 18 other ukes over a period of three years.

In 2014 my family and I moved back to Seattle and I reduced my ukulele collection to two custom made tenors. Then I caught the mandolin bug, bought a Phoenix Bluegrass from Carter Vintage in Nashville and have been playing classical music (mainly Bach) on the mandolin for the last three years.

In April of this year I was in Dusty Strings in Seattle and came across a 1998 Froggy Bottom parlor guitar that bit me and reignited my love of guitar. I have been playing this instrument exclusively since May and that has now led me back to the electric guitar and the only model I would ever buy: A Telecaster.

Today at Guitar Center I played a Baja Tele, Original Series 50s, and American Professional. Its a tough choice between the three but I'm leaning towards the Americal Professional. This forum has been a great resource in helping me get reacquainted with the Tele. I really appreciate reading everyone's opinions on my favorite guitar and look forward to being part of this community.

Best to all,
    Don

tery likes this.
  2. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

2nd time Welcome to TDPRI :)

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Howdy, and Howdy!

4. Slowisfast

Slowisfast Tele-Meister

Best to you Don, welcome back!

I'm about 45 mins SW of the city myself.

That American Pro is the model I'd pick up if I were buying a production guitar.

Good luck!

5. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Holic

Welcome Don. Glad you came back around man. I can’t even understand my feelings about tele’s. For 30 years I loved guitars. Now it’s all about telecasters. It’s not really logical. I feel now in my 40’s about telecasters how I felt about guitar in general in my early teens.

6. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

I just got back a couple of hours ago from the Emerald City....Guitars that is. You are not in Kansas anymore. Tele warning do not go to Emerald City Guitars...its a dangerous place. Btw, Welcome back.

7. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome back!

8. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome to the fold, again!

SB

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.