Hello from Scotland

telegibson

Tele-Meister
Hello! I'm Mike, currently living in Scotland. I have been playing guitar for around two years, on a Harley Benton Strat, but I have recently inherited a Graham Coxon Telecaster, which I am thoroughly enjoying so far!

I am a Mechanical Engineer, so I am prone to over-analysing, geeking out over small details and enjoying a deep dive, sometimes just before buying a screwdriver never mind something more significant. Previous (and ongoing) fascinations include all things vintage (including a 50's metalworking lathe), fountain pens, and DIY shenanigans.
Hi and welcome!
Which part of Scotland do you live in?
I'm not Scottish, but I love Scotland. I lived there for almost three years, in St Andrews, Fiife.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Previous (and ongoing) fascinations include all things vintage (including a 50's metalworking lathe), fountain pens, and DIY shenanigans.

Welcome! You're going to fit in very well around here ;) There's a great thread about fountain pens out here in fact! Just FYI. Nice guitars too!

HootOwlDude

Tele-Meister
Hello! I'm Mike, currently living in Scotland. I have been playing guitar for around two years, on a Harley Benton Strat, but I have recently inherited a Graham Coxon Telecaster, which I am thoroughly enjoying so far!

I am a Mechanical Engineer, so I am prone to over-analysing, geeking out over small details and enjoying a deep dive, sometimes just before buying a screwdriver never mind something more significant. Previous (and ongoing) fascinations include all things vintage (including a 50's metalworking lathe), fountain pens, and DIY shenanigans.
Welcome! My dad and brother returned only yesterday from a Scotland visit! Plenty to geek out on around here. Enjoy the forum!

CRMCRM

Tele-Meister
You probably can't tell from the photo to the left, but I have an American Standard with a Lollar Imperial humbucker in the neck. That one is a keeper.

Fountain pens could be an off-topic mega-thread all by themselves.

dlsnyd2003

TDPRI Member

Hello from Pennsylvania USA. I have the same proclivity for over thinking things. I work in an Aluminum foundry in the machine shop. I have played poorly for a decade or more. But I am currently electric for about 6 months. It is a whole new game than acoustic. Wow are they sensitive buggers. I enjoy Scotch Whiskey of all the whiskeys the most. Welcome and enjoy~!

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Welcome to the TDPRI!

Make yourself at home!

I have some Scottish ancestry myself, but then so do a large percentage of American southerners such as myself.