Hello from Scotland

Mikeycaster

TDPRI Member
Hello! I'm Mike, currently living in Scotland. I have been playing guitar for around two years, on a Harley Benton Strat, but I have recently inherited a Graham Coxon Telecaster, which I am thoroughly enjoying so far!

I am a Mechanical Engineer, so I am prone to over-analysing, geeking out over small details and enjoying a deep dive, sometimes just before buying a screwdriver never mind something more significant. Previous (and ongoing) fascinations include all things vintage (including a 50's metalworking lathe), fountain pens, and DIY shenanigans.

blue metalflake

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Hi and welcome.
Once you conquer the mysteries of Tele construction why not try a pedal steel!

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
Hello! I'm Mike, currently living in Scotland. I have been playing guitar for around two years, on a Harley Benton Strat, but I have recently inherited a Graham Coxon Telecaster, which I am thoroughly enjoying so far!

I am a Mechanical Engineer, so I am prone to over-analysing, geeking out over small details and enjoying a deep dive, sometimes just before buying a screwdriver never mind something more significant. Previous (and ongoing) fascinations include all things vintage (including a 50's metalworking lathe), fountain pens, and DIY shenanigans.
Hi and welcome aboard!
Oh maaan... you came to the right place!
Most guys here over analyze and geek out over small details.

But... please provide pictures of at least your Telecaster.
Your HB Strat can come too. We like guitars here...
If you NGD without pictures a Tele somewhere will lose its twang!

Mikeycaster

TDPRI Member
IMG-20220713-WA0007.jpg

Not the best photo @Skyhook , but here you go. The HB (which is a lot more cheery red than it appears) started life as an HSS, with lifeless p-ups. Now with a cheap set of alnico pickups it has a lot more life. The Coxon tele is great, so far all I have done is played it and changed the saddles for the angled compensated ones. I'll endeavour to take better photos at some point, perhaps after new strings and maybe even a white pickguard without the humbucker ring.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
View attachment 1006963
Not the best photo @Skyhook , but here you go. The HB (which is a lot more cheery red than it appears) started life as an HSS, with lifeless p-ups. Now with a cheap set of alnico pickups it has a lot more life. The Coxon tele is great, so far all I have done is played it and changed the saddles for the angled compensated ones. I'll endeavour to take better photos at some point, perhaps after new strings and maybe even a white pickguard without the humbucker ring.
Welcome from Texas! (the state.....not your great Scottish band)
That pic is more than acceptable......very nice, in fact. My family is originally from Scotland, although since they came to the Colonies in the early 1600's, I doubt you know any of them. ;)

Boreas

Doctor of Teleocity
View attachment 1006963

Welcome aboard!

OK, I have to ask - what is "Coxon"? Some kinda Scottish slang, or a brand name?? Excuse my ignorance.

How is the thistle crop holding up in the heat?

Oh, don't touch the scratchplate!