Hello from Scotland/NGD!

TuftedPuffin

TDPRI Member
Have lurked on the forums for a few months now, but now that I've actually gone and purchased a telecaster it seemed only fitting to make an account and say hello!

I've only been playing for about 9 months now, so still very new. Learning jazz guitar and I really like the sound certain players can get out of their teles--plus they are a lot more comfortable for me to play than an archtop/semi-hollow.

I have been looking for a vintage spec'd, but not too expensive telecaster and came across this FSR American Vintage '72 Custom the other day. Was drawn to the rosewood fretboard on a natural ash finish. It's a nice weight for me too, roughly 7.2lbs on my kitchen scale.

IMG_3086.JPG

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Hello and welcome!

No-one is going to criticise your choice of a first Tele. That is a beauty. :cool:

Post often. This is a great forum and a great resource. I'm sure your contributions will be appreciated.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
That's a beautiful guitar. The first of many!!
Welcome to the forum from just down the road near Newcastle.

We have a gig in Dundee this month. I'll wave as we go past Edinburgh. ;)

TuftedPuffin

TDPRI Member
That's a beautiful guitar. The first of many!!
Welcome to the forum from just down the road near Newcastle.

We have a gig in Dundee this month. I'll wave as we go past Edinburgh. ;)
Thank you! That’s what I’m worried about, the amount of instruments I own already far surpasses what my playing ability warrants—I’m sure this won’t be my only tele for long…

I actually took the train down to Newcastle station to meet with the previous owner/pick up the guitar, so was in your neck of the woods yesterday.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Thank you! That’s what I’m worried about, the amount of instruments I own already far surpasses what my playing ability warrants—I’m sure this won’t be my only tele for long…

I actually took the train down to Newcastle station to meet with the previous owner/pick up the guitar, so was in your neck of the woods yesterday.
You mean that was for sale in Newcastle....aaarrrghh!

Double Stop

Tele-Afflicted
That's a real beauty you've got. I love natural finishes and that's got some really nice grain patterns on it. An excellent choice for a first Tele!

Speaking of Edinburgh, you should check out Paul Stafford Cook from your city. He's a very tasteful player and fellow Tele fanatic. He's a got a great YouTube channel and you can learn a lot from him!