Hello from Ohio

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by 3fngrs, Oct 30, 2017.

1. iluvfender

iluvfender TDPRI Member

I'm close to the border (actually Eaton Township) by Durkee & Chestnut Ridge

Sent from my VS835 using TDPRI mobile app

2. Gene O.

Gene O. Tele-Holic

Howdy 3fngrs, and welcome. I'm just north of you in Canton. I play down in Dover and New Philly every so often. Best, most appreciative people to play for!

3. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Hi 3, I'm outside of Barberton ( Fried Chicken capitol ). I love the part of Ohio that you live in, in fact my girlfriend and I go for rides down that way and look for some different restaurants and other sites. People that go down that way should visit Werther's Carvings in Dover right next to New Philly, just amazing stuff in there.
    I wonder how many Buckeyes are on this site? Beyond that, I wonder how does membership stack up in numbers for the rest of the states and other countries?

4. Lenny1716

Lenny1716 Tele-Meister

I grew up there, and, did run from there. Winter was brutal.
    p.s., welcome to the forum.

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Heh.

I remember as a kid, living there (two stints) and the adults kept saying

"Great Place to Raise Children".

I often wondered what it would be like, to go back to live. I've mostly been away, way too long.

We played football in shirtsleeves, many times well into January. I can assure everyone, Columbus is much milder than Buffalo. Winter light is poor, and poorer the further North you go. One of the big reasons I fled to New Orleans - it wasn't just Fats Domino and Irma Thomas and Professor Longhair that drew me down there.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.