Hello from Nova Scotia

El Famoso

Tele-Meister
Nice guitar! Welcome!

I love Nova Scotia. Lotsa good memories from there. Just realized its been over 20 years since I was there. Last time I was in Halifax I had caught a ride hitchhiking in New Brunswick and the dude drove me all the way to Halifax and let me crash on his couch. And we stopped for Tim Hortons during the ride. We spent the next morning playing Stan Rogers songs, because it seemed the thing to do. Was a great introduction to the province.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Welcome man! Wow.... you're off to a good start, and you don't know how to play yet??? That's next level determination in my mind. Awesome! You've come to the right place for all your questions about the build, and playing. Fire away and good luck man!

red57strat

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Welcome! My wife is from Nova Scotia.

I didn't go with butterscotch when I built my Tele. I used Wipe On Poly with no filler or sealer on the body and the neck. It's held up pretty well for over 18 years.

KeithDavies 100

Tele-Meister
Aged 68, building your first guitar, to then learn to play it? Respect! That is such an uplifting thing! Looks great. Keep us updated on your journey, and welcome to the site. That's just made my day. :)

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Welcome to the Family (from over the Pond). That looks like a lovely instrument, I like that subtle decoration on the body

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Welcome to the TDPRI! This is a great place. I've been here almost 15 months.

I once met a guy who had the same last name as mine. I wondered if he and I were related. He said his ancestors were from Nova Scotia. None of my ancestors are from Nova Scotia.

As it happens, my last name (and his) comes from Scotland. And "Nova Scotia" means "New Scotland."

JDRNoPro

Friend of Leo's
Welcome, Maritime neighbor! You have much enjoyment ahead, and this is a great place to share and learn:).