Hello from Nova Scotia

Iwasthewalrus9

TDPRI Member
I just joined this great site. I am building a Telecaster which will be my first guitar. I don't know how to play yet but I'm having a lot of fun building the Tele. I love the lines of this iconic guitar. I will post some pics when I find out how to. I bought the Fender neck.

Attachments

• P1020227.JPG
    P1020227.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 33
  • P1020229.JPG
    P1020229.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 35
  • P1020231.JPG
    P1020231.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 36
  • P1020234.JPG
    P1020234.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 34

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I just joined this great site. I am building a Telecaster which will be my first guitar. I don't know how to play yet but I'm having a lot of fun building the Tele. I love the lines of this iconic guitar. I will post some pics when I find out how to. I bought the Fender neck.
Welcome!
I find it somewhat amusing that you're building a guitar, yet you don't even play yet. Best of luck.....and be sure to post pictures, at least of the finished instrument. ;););)

Mark617

Tele-Holic
Welcome Ehh
That’s a great way to get started on your journey. Your guitar will have a lot more significance than a purchased one

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Welcome. You're in the right place. After you've got it built there's a wealth of info here to help you get started learning to play. Enjoy.

Iwasthewalrus9

TDPRI Member
Does anyone have a good recipe for a butterscotch finish. I have some Minwax water based pre stain and some Minwax polycrylic in semi gloss but can't find a stain that I like. Any advice would be appreciated,thanks.

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Greetings! Easily of my favourite provinces in Canada. Even after getting stung by jellyfish at Crystal Crescent Beach out near Sambro. 😓

Nice guitar!

thechad

Tele-Holic
Welcome! Great looking guitar so far! You have stumbled across a wonderful forum here.

howardlo

Tele-Afflicted
Welcome to the forum!

Guitar is looking good, but you may want to think twice about using that Polycrylic. I used it on a couple of things (not guitars) and found that it really didn’t harden well and that moisture and humidity caused it to soften more and even be sticky. I will never use it again. I do know a bit about finishing wood as I used to make custom hardwood furniture.

Minwax wipe on poly is what I would suggest, no streaks or brush marks. Simple to use, wipe on with a rag, then wipe off the excess, let dry. Goes on thin so a few coats would be needed.

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Welcome to the fold! Nice guitar so far!
I think it’s so cool that you are building your first guitar. Enjoy learning how to play that thing.

I would love to visit your province some day. The closest I’ve gotten was Maine.